Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

..no need of installer really. I'm on windows 10 64 bit, I've placed the nightly build exactly as written in the read me file and all works absolutely fine...
the .dll in your plugin folder, the discodsp obxd data folder under documents..
(btw with the new GUI is sooo goood :-D , thanks a lot to the mate which made it :tu: )

Jafo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:30 pm Is there a way to point it to the Themes directory? I've got it right where it says it wants it, in Documents > DiscoDSP > Themes (as well a bunch of other places -- see below), but it can't find it. Trying the 20200721 nightly build as a fresh install; I haven't been able to get a version past 1.4 to work, so I haven't bothered in years.
OB-Xd 2.0 Themes folder location is User > Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Themes and the installer should place it there so what's the issue?
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 pm Yes, I just tried the new standalone 64 bit Windows 10 version for the first time, and it hadn't put the Themes in the right place so wouldn't load, and even if i copied the Themes folder and put it where it said it wanted it, it still gave me the error on launch. The installer certainly needs more work!
What do you mean? The installer copy Themes and Banks folders to the right location already.

I uninstalled everything (I had the 1.5 installed too), and re-installed the new beta, and it's working now!

Edit: Fixed by also installing the VST3 version. Disregard the following.
discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Jafo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:30 pm Is there a way to point it to the Themes directory? I've got it right where it says it wants it, in Documents > DiscoDSP > Themes (as well a bunch of other places -- see below), but it can't find it. Trying the 20200721 nightly build as a fresh install; I haven't been able to get a version past 1.4 to work, so I haven't bothered in years.
OB-Xd 2.0 Themes folder location is User > Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Themes and the installer should place it there so what's the issue?
It's there, and OBX-d didn't recognize its existence. Hence my question if it were possible to tell it "Yes, right here where you tell me it needs to be, it's already there." I also placed the directory in other likely places (since the plug doesn't believe itself).

Once again, here's the list of places the Themes directory lives:
c:\users\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\Themes (what the plug says)
c:\users\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\OBX-d\Themes (what you just said)
c:\Program Files\discoDSP\Themes
d:\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\Themes
d:\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\OBX-d\Themes
d:\Mike\Documents\OBX-d\Themes
d:\audio\VstPlugins\OB-Xd\Themes
d:\audio\VstPlugins\DiscoDSP\Themes
d:\audio\VstPlugins\DiscoDSP\OB-Xd\Themes

and none were recognized. I've set Documents to be the entire d:\ drive, but my registry insists it's in c:\Users\Mike\Documents, so I copied it there as well. I even tried in the Program Files directory and the VstPlugins directory for shits and giggles.

Since my first post, I've also tried
d:\DiscoDSP\Themes
d:\DiscoDSP\OBX-d\Themes
and had the same lack of result.

The plug itself says "Documents > DiscoDSP > Themes," but you say it's "User > Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Themes." No worries; I've copied it to both places (and in all Documents directories), and the plug recognizes none of them. Well, not for me, at least!

Anyway, I don't blame you for playing the "blame the user" game; I've worked IT support and know that things like this are most commonly an ID10T or PEBCAK error. I'll be glad to post screenies to demonstrate that things are exactly as I say.
Last edited by Jafo on Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

btw, I'm using the VST2 version; VST3 gives my DAW indigestion.

Hunh, installing just the VST3 and standalone works fine. So does installing all three. Maybe there's something that gets set in the VST3 version the other two are looking at/for? No worries; fewmets doth occur.

OB-Xd looks at user Documents folder https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... nts-folder maybe your system got funky? :)

New nightly builds (release candidate 2).

What's new
  • 7x faster GUI controls.
https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

Can users with high CPU usage moving knobs please confirm everything is OK now? Thanks.

Testing!!!

EDIT: Awesome! No CPU spike at all anymore, and playhead is not freezing either. :)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks for the report :) We've got a solid 2.0 release candidate now.

I also noticed that the presets are now reported to the host in VST3 (didn't test VST2 but I assume it's the same). One minor bug, though - the list isn't refreshed when loading a different .fxb. Can this be done?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:18 amOne minor bug, though - the list isn't refreshed when loading a different .fxb. Can this be done?
I think it's a bug in JUCE framework because the issue doesn't happen in VST2 but it will be addressed in 2.1.

Great!

yes! great update. No spikes. Great UI. (win x64, FL Studio (latest))

Return to “Instruments”