Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:51 pm I guess they should stop making new synths altogether and focus all the manpower to make a new browser/preset system.
yet somehow other developers have managed to do both.

This one has been around at least since Dune 1.......
10 years ago!!

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Maybe if they hire new people..AFAIK, Synapse is Richard and Marcin. Don't know anyone else.

They could improve that part of preset system indeed. I mean, sure, it's nice to have a better system, but I honestly don't care as much. I'd rather prefer if they dedicate the efforts to develop new products IMHO.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yes and that is exactly why i give examples of other companies.
Synthmaster is Bulent,
Refx is Michael.
Spectrasonics is Glenn and his brother.
Fxpansion is Angus (talking about their synths) (before him Andrew)
Camel Audio was Ben.
etc

Like I said, I dont think it is a manpower issue. I just dont think for Richard it is either not important or a high priority.
rsp
sound sculptist

Indeed, it doesn't seem to be a priority right now. Not as many people complaining about this. Personally, it's not a real issue to me, I manage my presets just fine as it is, I always find workarounds to this flaw. Maybe other people think the same, I guess?

Yep, everyone has different work flows and priorities.
I really do like the sound of Synapse stuff but don't' use it often because I am a preset mostly player and tweaker, and so I would more go for another product I love the sound with a more comfortable preset browser.
It is also why I rarely buy third company or Syanpse presets for Synapse stuff.
ymmv
rsp
sound sculptist

Well, maybe Synapse is not for you. U-he products suit you better. Great presets and preset system.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 pm Well, maybe Synapse is not for you. U-he products suit you better. Great presets and preset system.
Which is indeed why I use u-he (and spectrasonics) in almost every electronic (non purely acoustic) project I do.
I keep hoping though, that one day ... :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:58 pm Spectrasonics is Glenn and his brother.
You might want to have a look at this.....

https://www.spectrasonics.net/company/index.php

Especially the photo of the 26 people who work there.... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes I also believe that SA should enhance their synths GUI and user experience. I'm still using Obsession and the Legend as they are mostly emulations and not that complex synths to program, but I sold Dune 3 and replace it with ANA 2 and Synthmaster One. Dune 3 definitely needs a good browser and a better GUI. Visual feedback is very welcome as well. Maybe the sound quality of Dune 3 is higher than ANA 2 and SM1 but ANA/SM1 are a pleasure to program and the result is usually good (for me!).

I also just really dislike the Spectrasonics browser. It's very messy and overly complex IMO.

I'm another one who would rather development time be spent on new synths or features in older synths that actually affect the sound and range of sounds.

A simple synth like OB session doesn't really need a browser and even Dune 3 if you know how to organize patches a Browser isn't really a big deal.

I don't use most of the stuff in Hive 2's or Zebra 2's browsers like favorites and little colored dots etc. They really just get in the way.

But I have seen the request for a browser made many times before so I hope for those who want one they get it and for the rest of us I hope the time is spent more wisely....no telling what the future holds.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EnGee wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:41 pm Maybe the sound quality of Dune 3 is higher than ANA 2 and SM1 but ANA/SM1 are a pleasure to program and the result is usually good (for me!).
Dune 3 is an absolute pleasure to program for me perhaps more than any other synth I own and the results are always satisfying.

I own ANA 2 and SM 1 as well and like them but I don't find them any easier or more pleasurable to program. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:34 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:58 pm Spectrasonics is Glenn and his brother.
You might want to have a look at this.....

https://www.spectrasonics.net/company/index.php

Especially the photo of the 26 people who work there.... :wink:
Yes but only two do programming....

Apparently more recently there is now a third person.

But for years it was just Glenn...then Glenn and Neal

and the third person came on in 2017, Omnisphere 2 being launched in 2015.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:57 pm Yes but only two do programming....
But those other people do work like website maintenance, sales and support, social media etc etc. They're on the payroll for a reason.

As far as I know that's all done by Rich and Marcin at Synapse. I am not aware that they have any other help to handle everything.

So to compare Synapse with Spectrasonics is just wrong. :shrug:

Omni is a good comparison for the browser, I would be very disappointed if it had a Synapse style affair, what with the massive importance it places on presets and also samples and so on.

Obsession doesn't need such an elaborate browser and is perfectly usable for me as is, even for heavy preset browsing if that's your thing. Folders for categories, all it really needs IMO.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”