Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Couldn't resit the 80s pack in the end. Great fun. Astonishingly close so much of this, a labour of love - kudos to your programming chops.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

DJErmac wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 pm I'd love to hear a "Scooter - Friends" sounds recreation. Never really understood how they made the lead based on voices.
If you mean that one at the end of the song... It's a choir sound. really simple as single sound but they played it in chords + bass note.
To rebuild it, i would need to know what kind of synth they used for it to rebuild the single sound.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Demuvi wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 pm
DJErmac wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 pm I'd love to hear a "Scooter - Friends" sounds recreation. Never really understood how they made the lead based on voices.
If you mean that one at the end of the song... It's a choir sound. really simple as single sound but they played it in chords + bass note.
To rebuild it, i would need to know what kind of synth they used for it to rebuild the single sound.
Yes, I'm talking about the one that can be heard solo at the end. It sounds a lot like some classic choirs from the Fairlight, or even from EMU soundbanks, but something is always missing, and I never found what. Sorry, can't tell anything more.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:47 pm
Yes, I'm talking about the one that can be heard solo at the end. It sounds a lot like some classic choirs from the Fairlight, or even from EMU soundbanks, but something is always missing, and I never found what. Sorry, can't tell anything more.
https://youtu.be/NTmShx49pFE
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Demuvi wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:29 am
We'll be friends ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW is the famous "Yves Deruyter - The Rebel" on your to-do list ? This kind of synth lead sound has been overused in the 90's, notably in hardcore, and I love it. Sounds like Alpha Juno to me.

haha no wonder, you played around 350 oscs simultaneously in the video... thats when you do multiple layers of multiple unisono stacks. But the result is cool! I think its a good solution to provide the source synthesis patch along with the multisamples patch, so the user can do adjustments or experiments with the source, while using the cpu efficent sample patch when CPU matters and no absolute freedom of changes

msvs wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:38 am
haha no wonder, you played around 350 oscs simultaneously in the video... thats when you do multiple layers of multiple unisono stacks. But the result is cool! I think its a good solution to provide the source synthesis patch along with the multisamples patch, so the user can do adjustments or experiments with the source, while using the cpu efficent sample patch when CPU matters and no absolute freedom of changes
The video was not meant to bad-mouth Avenger. It should break down the question of why sometimes a multisample is simply better and why i used multisamples. The exported multisamples were also imported by Wavelab's resynthesis function to make the whole thing even softer.

Of Course too many voices need a lot of CPU. It's the same with any other synth. I do not think that I should include the origins of the sounds, especially since I have simply created some with other VST such as: Serum or Rapid, because each synth has its advantages and disadvantages.

This is an expansion to have fun and spread retro feelings to the people. :)

Interesting competition now that Rapid has granular synthesis. Going to take the demo for a spin and see how it compares to my Avenger. Anybody else tried it out?

5Lives wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:34 am Interesting competition now that Rapid has granular synthesis. Going to take the demo for a spin and see how it compares to my Avenger. Anybody else tried it out?
Yeah i have it. Sounds good and you can do good Ambient Pads with it and other interesting sounds.

Hi,
There is a patch in the factory bank called PL Wild Safari.
It seems to play 'strange' on my system. By that I mean, that I favourited it, which would have happened when I got Avenger at 1.4..... but currently without turning any of the macro knobs the patch is mostly a short click, with little tonal information. Would have been odd for me to have favourited if it sounded like this in 1.4. Does anyone still have 1.4 installed and play the patch and see if it sounds anything like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjl5fgiphmbzc ... i.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m6hxtl6xf0on ... .midi?dl=0

(if for whatever reason you needed the midi pattern.... but playing one note a few times should tell you if this is normal.)

thanks in advance

rsp
sound sculptist

Demuvi wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:03 am
5Lives wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:34 am Interesting competition now that Rapid has granular synthesis. Going to take the demo for a spin and see how it compares to my Avenger. Anybody else tried it out?
Yeah i have it. Sounds good and you can do good Ambient Pads with it and other interesting sounds.
May not see it, but seems like Rapid doesn't have MSEGs yet (on their future roadmap). I use those a bunch.

zvenx wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:21 am Hi,
There is a patch in the factory bank called PL Wild Safari.
It seems to play 'strange' on my system. By that I mean, that I favourited it, which would have happened when I got Avenger at 1.4..... but currently without turning any of the macro knobs the patch is mostly a short click, with little tonal information. Would have been odd for me to have favourited if it sounded like this in 1.4. Does anyone still have 1.4 installed and play the patch and see if it sounds anything like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjl5fgiphmbzc ... i.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m6hxtl6xf0on ... .midi?dl=0

(if for whatever reason you needed the midi pattern.... but playing one note a few times should tell you if this is normal.)

thanks in advance

rsp
I can confirm that the sound already sound the same with any previous version. Its supposed to be a very short "popcorn"-like pluck, and works also well in drumtracks to bring a tonal percussive element

msvs wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:04 am
zvenx wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:21 am ............
thanks in advance

rsp
I can confirm that the sound already sound the same with any previous version. Its supposed to be a very short "popcorn"-like pluck, and works also well in drumtracks to bring a tonal percussive element
Ahhh.
Thanks Manuel.
Appreciated.
rsp
sound sculptist

https://youtu.be/DyZUepDyblo

Vocals are an essential part for any modern EDM production. With this brand new VPS Avenger Expansion by Stephan Endemann your search is over: Get 21 elaborated vocal hooks, which seamlesse follow your pitch and your BPM! Using VPS Avengers new Multiloop Sample-Engine you have absolute control over all aspects, including formant shifting to create darker or lighter tones of the vocal. But that is by far not all: You also will get tons of modern EDM sounds such as excellent brazilian basslines, new drumkits, arps, pads, leads, sequences (incl. vocal live playing), shapes, multisamples, wavetable etc. A gigantic pack and a must have for you!

Attention: VPS Avenger version 1.5.9 minimum required!

this expansion adds to your library:

140 Avenger presets 20 new drumkits
20 drum sequences 44 new multisamples
21 multiloop vocal kits 20 new granular samples
44 new osc-shapes 21 new wavetables

Return to “Instruments”