Glitchmachines Polygon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polygon

How do I upgrade if I brought it at Plugin boutique? Only seems to be available at Glitch Machines for now. Maybe it will become available.

Edit: It will be available at Plugin Boutique tomorrow.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 am That’s a problem as I made a lot of presets in Polygon I don’t want to lose. Does it install over the old version or as a separate plugin?
"There is no need to uninstall Polygon 1.x - Polygon 2.0 shows up in your DAW as a separate plugin that can coexist with older versions. "

https://glitchmachines.com/wp-content/u ... etails.pdf

Oh, sodding great, they decided to miss out the bit where they're not including a VST2 version.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

DrFolder wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 am How do I upgrade if I brought it at Plugin boutique? Only seems to be available at Glitch Machines for now. Maybe it will become available.

Edit: It will be available at Plugin Boutique tomorrow.
It’s on PB, Polygon 2 update from 1. $30

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:31 pm Oh, sodding great, they decided to miss out the bit where they're not including a VST2 version.
Ah...balls!

Looks good, I would be all over this usually! But I completely switched back to VST2 after testing some VST3 plugins, since it added an additional folder layer (VST2/VST3) to my plugin browser, resulting in a lot of additional clicking. I'm not really planning to add any VST3-only plugins to my selection anytime soon.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

This looks really good, and would have been an instant buy from me, but vst3 is a dealbreaker. My host doesn't support it yet. Lucky this was mentioned, as I was about to take the plunge.

does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?

Yes, it just gets wacky depending on your source wave and the modulation setup
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I disagree strongly with the idea that noise is unmusical (& I wouldn't call Glitchmachines sounds "noise" at all)... but yes of course you can make traditional pitched sounds if you so desire. There's even a synth in Polygon. Last I checked, classical subtractive synthesis was not considered "noise."

Kinh wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?
No. YOU can't do anything musical with it. That's unfortunate but ok. Please don't impose your own limitations on other people. Don't say "you" when you are referring to yourself. :party:

Kinh wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?
Shit bwoy, wha-you-on about mate? it dont matter none, just process dis da right way.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

plexuss wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:43 pm
No. YOU can't do anything musical with it. That's unfortunate but ok. Please don't impose your own limitations on other people. Don't say "you" when you are referring to yourself. :party:
I haven't tried using it yet so technically there's no reason why I cant make anything musical with it. So...right back at you - dont say "you" when you are referring to yourself. :party: :party: hehe

Any experts on here?
How do I tempo sync loops in Polygon 2, drum loops etc?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:53 pm Any experts on here?
How do I tempo sync loops in Polygon 2, drum loops etc?
Hmmm.... so maybe it’s not possible or there’s no interest in Polygon 2.0

Return to “Instruments”