Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Ah fair enough. I'm still on V Collection 6, so these updates are probably not for me. Though the Stage update may come through for me yet.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

As far as I can tell, Arturia just accidentally included the note about the convolution reverb engine in the common section of update notes that was copied and pasted to all the instruments, when it should have only been attached to whichever plugin they added it to (I don't even remember which one it was).
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:41 am As far as I can tell, Arturia just accidentally included the note about the convolution reverb engine in the common section of update notes that was copied and pasted to all the instruments, when it should have only been attached to whichever plugin they added it to (I don't even remember which one it was).
I thought that too. It's the only explanation.

New convolution engine probably means the technology that powers the reverb itself. They might have swapped it out because the old one was too cpu heavy for example, which wouldn't result in any new gui or or selectable reverbs.

functionform wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 pm New convolution engine probably means the technology that powers the reverb itself. They might have swapped it out because the old one was too cpu heavy for example, which wouldn't result in any new gui or or selectable reverbs.
I assume it's typo (wrong copy\paste) nonetheless, at least regards implementing in all plugins. Because
c_voltage wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:20 am ...and in MiniV no reverbs at all, as before).

Does anyone know, how to make oscillators free-running or randomize starting phaze in CZ-V?
Synced osc's produce terrible phasing with unison...

anyone else had any interface issues in the standalone versions since the last update?

like mouse clicks not registering and stuff

Mouse clicks registering fine for me, but I do occasionally get some GUI black out when resizing the interface, not nearly as much as before the latest update, however.

macOS Catalina, 16" MBP with 5500M GPU

adamjay wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:39 pm Mouse clicks registering fine for me, but I do occasionally get some GUI black out when resizing the interface, not nearly as much as before the latest update, however.

macOS Catalina, 16" MBP with 5500M GPU
I’m still seeing some of that as well. The easiest fix is to just click in the top left corner of the black area, which opens the settings menu and thereby forces a full UI redraw. Easier than closing and reopening the window.
Stormchild

oops, did a mistake. nothing to see here guys :)

Is there a way to enter a numeric value (e.g., cutoff = 230 Hz on the Jupiter-8V) rather than moving a virtual knob or slider with a mouse?

Chrisk-K wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:40 pm Is there a way to enter a numeric value (e.g., cutoff = 230 Hz on the Jupiter-8V) rather than moving a virtual knob or slider with a mouse?
Not that I know of, but you can right-click and drag any control for maximum precision. I believe this works in any Arturia plugin. I wish everything worked like Fabfilter, where you can double-click any control and enter the value numerically. A lot of plugins use double-click to mean "reset to default", and that's super useful too…maybe the numeric input popup could also have a "reset" button to accomodate that. Or we could settle on double-click = reset, alt + click = enter numerically. Whatever the case, it would be great if there was a universal standard.

One other thing I really like that should become a universal: in all Softube plugins, any control that has numbers for specific positions lets you click the number to snap to exactly that position.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:56 pm
Chrisk-K wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:40 pm Is there a way to enter a numeric value (e.g., cutoff = 230 Hz on the Jupiter-8V) rather than moving a virtual knob or slider with a mouse?
Not that I know of, but you can right-click and drag any control for maximum precision. I believe this works in any Arturia plugin. I wish everything worked like Fabfilter, where you can double-click any control and enter the value numerically.
I hoped for a secret trick :-) Too bad. Ctrl + left click and drag gives us maximum precision in Arturia VSTi’s.

Chrisk-K wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:57 am I hoped for a secret trick :-) Too bad. Ctrl + left click and drag gives us maximum precision in Arturia VSTi’s.
Yes, that's equivalent to right-click on a Mac. If you have a mouse that supports right-click, you can just use that, or you can hold control (which works nicely, because it gives you more control).
Stormchild

Chrisk-K wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:57 am
Arashi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:56 pm
Not that I know of, but you can right-click and drag any control for maximum precision. I believe this works in any Arturia plugin. I wish everything worked like Fabfilter, where you can double-click any control and enter the value numerically.
I hoped for a secret trick :-) Too bad. Ctrl + left click and drag gives us maximum precision in Arturia VSTi’s.
Right-click-drag does the same on Windows

Return to “Instruments”