Timeless, irreplaceable plugins and bundles that really worth it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eventide, Audiority, IK AMPLITUBE and reverbs, Toneboosters and Valhalla, Sparkverb

Eventide is at least timeless and good.

Flux stuff, they used to be really expensive, timeless and ahead of the curve back in the day, some of their old plugs still have unique features, but take a while to get your head around.

They have a studio session bundle, which goes really cheap around black friday, one of the best bundles I’ve bought, but hardly used it outside of epure. Lately tho been using the ircam verb and syrah more, their dynamics tools especially are excellent for deep sculpting of sounds, once you start adapting to their unconventional approach.

Things by Eventide and Soundtoys are obvious choices, then I’d say Sonnox (Limiter, Inflator)... The others are either cheap or I have bought them recently (so I can’t really comment on them) or I don’t use them much...
Maybe also Reason could be part of the list, if you look at the rack plugin as a fx/instrument suite...

Truth to be told, I could replace pretty much everything except maybe TAL Sampler (because of its sound) and some Eventide plugins... and maybe some Waves like C1. But I could replace even those, nothing is really unreaplaceable, except maybe my daw.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Softube Chandler, Weiss and Tubetech bundles. Precise Digital, Clean Analog and Coloured Analog eq and dynamics that I think are totally worth their price. Kush Audio Omega plugins (not expensive) are very good and essential for me as well.

mister-rz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:40 pm Flux stuff, they used to be really expensive, timeless and ahead of the curve back in the day, some of their old plugs still have unique features, but take a while to get your head around.

They have a studio session bundle, which goes really cheap around black friday, one of the best bundles I’ve bought, but hardly used it outside of epure. Lately tho been using the ircam verb and syrah more, their dynamics tools especially are excellent for deep sculpting of sounds, once you start adapting to their unconventional approach.
Never got attention to Flux plugins, will definitely check. Thank you!

As Softube EQs - I use Curve Bender almost on every track at the end of the chain and I force myself to take Tube-Tech until the end of the summer sale :) So these eq's are strong candidates to my "timeless" list now.

GRM Tools

Zynaptiq Adaptiverb/Morph/PitchMap/Intensity

A lot of Zynaptiq recommendations here... Despite the fact that their plugins very costly and CPU hungry, I realize their uniqueness. All my Zynaptiq demos already expired so there are not many chances that I finally take them :) Maybe after laptop upgrade...

mister-rz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:40 pm They have a studio session bundle, which goes really cheap around black friday, one of the best bundles I’ve bought, but hardly used it outside of epure. Lately tho been using the ircam verb and syrah more, their dynamics tools especially are excellent for deep sculpting of sounds, once you start adapting to their unconventional approach.
Bittersweet is a fantastic transient tool, the workflow is really quick, check out their tutorial videos. Their Analyzer is my main analysis tool, I love that it's a separate app and can run over a network. The GUI sizes can be small on high-DPI, I hope they can make them scalable. And yeah, the Session bundle is a fantastic value for musicians when on sale. You don't need the Pro stuff unless you need surround, which can get pricey since it's geared toward film production.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 am
mister-rz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:40 pm They have a studio session bundle, which goes really cheap around black friday, one of the best bundles I’ve bought, but hardly used it outside of epure. Lately tho been using the ircam verb and syrah more, their dynamics tools especially are excellent for deep sculpting of sounds, once you start adapting to their unconventional approach.
Bittersweet is a fantastic transient tool, the workflow is really quick, check out their tutorial videos. Their Analyzer is my main analysis tool, I love that it's a separate app and can run over a network. The GUI sizes can be small on high-DPI, I hope they can make them scalable. And yeah, the Session bundle is a fantastic value for musicians when on sale. You don't need the Pro stuff unless you need surround, which can get pricey since it's geared toward film production.
Wow. Didn't know about Pure Analyzer. Looks like a very smart designed tool. Thank you, guys.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:32 am Zynaptiq Adaptiverb/Morph/PitchMap/Intensity
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:30 am GRM Tools
These ones for me as well- just got that quality and unique vision.

Also I'll put in CrusherX and the SonicLab stochastic stuff (which I have only just started to explore)

Maybe not expensive but -

Repro
&
Pigments

Go in nearly every track I make. Between one doing the analog thing and one covering the wavetabling etc, most bases are covered.

Valhalla reverb/delay is as good as everyone says and goes in every track.

Gullfoss is also as good as its reputation and I can’t imagine mixing without it.

DMG Equilibrium, Multiplicity and Trackcomp.
Newfangled Elevate.
Unisum.
Arousor.
Soothe2.
Gulfoss.
Pro-L2.
Inflator.

All not cheap but in use in every project here, so well worth the money for me.
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”