Only 1 DAW & 1 xtra synth - what would you choose?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ableton & Msoundfactory.

Well, there was one era where *the* way to hear what I wrote was 4 tracks on a Teac and one Minimoog... In modern DAW terms, versatility of utility vs mad inspiration, not a facile choice so much

If a real choice owing to deprivation or scarcity, I’d consider to record an instrument for real before any plugin.

FL and Serum.

I mean: Patcher, Harmor, Sytrus, Gross Beat and SerumFX is pretty dang versatile.

Easy.. Reason 11 Suite. Wouldn't even need any third party synth.

Fl Studio + Phaseplant !

interesting thread....as it really make you prioritize your likes/dislikes....
I think it should have been left to the base tier DAW....the different tiers are so different in features and value makes comparison less useful....Also I'm assuming it is one external instrument, not limited to a "synth".... that makes the sophistication of the stock DAW sampler more relevant in ur choice...as any pcm sampler can be a synth
even though it is compromised by these, still been fun trying to glean some insights from these choices
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Logic and Diva. Because even though I really don't like it's workflow, I can live with Alchemy for everything I would normally use other synths for.
Last edited by teilo on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double post
Last edited by teilo on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ugg. Why can't we delete posts?

---
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Studio One and Nexus
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

this is nonsense. Show me a producer that use only one synth. I'm waiting :) ....

dune_rave wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 am this is nonsense. Show me a producer that use only one synth. I'm waiting :) ....
Here's Jean Michel Jarre on the sense of using one synth:

"In days where you have so many products on the market... instead of having this mad quest about being scared of missing something, try to just... breathe... take a break, and think about what instruments - a plugin, a module, a polyphonic synth... whatever - where you feel a kind of empathy with... and then when you choose that, just stay focused for six months or one year only on this. Don't take anything else. Just on one element and try to express yourself because what's going to be unique is yourself.

It's not the machine. It's not the instrument. It's what you are going to do with it which has the value, and nothing else. And then instead of being fully into the trap of being an archivist of presets, where you don't know where you are, you lose your identity. The best way to create something interesting is express your identity - to develop it - and the only way to do it is to focus on one instrument, whatever it is.... Even if you're wrong in your choice, the fact that you choose is more important than anything else
."

Duh, he owns more than one but he also sees how limits make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYWANrX ... u.be&t=585
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

If I had to start from scratch (there's a need for it I guess!), FL Studio and NI Komplete 12 Ultimate.

Sorry, but Komplete has always been what a go-to synth is for many.

Any DAW* + either of Falcon / Halion / Avenger / Rapid

* obviously Bitwig would be preferable, because of the Grid modular environment not really covered by any of the above synths comprehensively enough
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”