Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

I concur their support is excellent and super polite
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:17 pm I concur their support is excellent and super polite
I thought Arturia were French :shrug:

j/k Frenchies ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

If I understand correctly, you can sound design in v collection instruments? Or is it more about tweaking presets?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:18 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:17 pm I concur their support is excellent and super polite
I thought Arturia were French :shrug:

j/k Frenchies ;)
Then irony did dawn on me while I typed that :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

3ptguitarist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:33 pm If I understand correctly, you can sound design in v collection instruments? Or is it more about tweaking presets?
Yes, if you get the V Collection, you get fully functioning synths, so can make sounds from scratch. If you only get Analog Lab, you can only tweak presets.

3ptguitarist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:33 pm If I understand correctly, you can sound design in v collection instruments? Or is it more about tweaking presets?
V Collection stuff is full synths. ANALOG LAB only lets you do some tweaks

For everyone asking about Analog Lab compared to the full V Collection, and whether you can create your own sounds or do sound design in the V Collection, please note that Arturia offers free, fully-functional demos of all their synths, and everything on each synth works just as in the full version. The only limitation is you get just 20 minutes at a time in the demo mode, you can't save, load, import or export presets. But if you save your work in a project, you can reload your project and be back at it within 10 seconds. Just download a demo of any synth you want to try, and you'll be up and running within 15 minutes!

If you want to see how deep you can go when creating your own patches, samples or sounds in any Arturia synth, it would take you less time to download the demo than to ask about it here and wait for a response! ;)

They're fun synths to play, explore, and learn from, even if you never tweak a preset!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

SoulState wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:18 am Does anyone know, how to make oscillators free-running or randomize starting phaze in CZ-V?
Synced osc's produce terrible phasing with unison...
I asked the Arturia support people about this and they said there is no way to do that.

Any speculations about what can be expected in V Collection 8? Guess it's due this December going by the previous releases.

We already have OB-Xa V. I assume there would be at least a couple more instruments.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm Any speculations about what can be expected in V Collection 8? Guess it's due this December going by the previous releases.

We already have OB-Xa V. I assume there would be at least a couple more instruments.
My guess is that an Emulator will be in there, and something like a Juno 106 or Crumar, but they might surprise us with something like a Buchla 200... I wish!

They could do a bunch of antique samplers or retro drum machines, but something I think would be fun is emulating old sequencers and allowing them to be added to the signal path of any of their synths. Like I enjoy tinkering with the one on their modular even though I have all sorts of options for sequencing there’s something interesting tinkering with the original methods.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

A Juno synth (106 in particular) would indeed be awesome and what I believe V Collection is badly missing.

Roland will probably act cuntsy about it.

I wish they did Roland JX with MKS module, but Persing's ass will explode if he sees someone tinker with his patches.

What really would be cool for Collection 8, is Elka Synthex, Memorymoog and Quadra. Some 25K in vintage synths.

Ray Leece wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 pm What really would be cool for Collection 8, is Elka Synthex, Memorymoog and Quadra. Some 25K in vintage synths.
I have the Xils Lab Syn’X which is supposed to be a really good emulation, but it’s just too tweakable so even when I make a decent sound I will inevitably ruin it eventually by trying to add more stuff on more layers. :oops:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:40 pm
Ray Leece wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 pm What really would be cool for Collection 8, is Elka Synthex, Memorymoog and Quadra. Some 25K in vintage synths.
I have the Xils Lab Syn’X which is supposed to be a really good emulation, but it’s just too tweakable so even when I make a decent sound I will inevitably ruin it eventually by trying to add more stuff on more layers. :oops:
Would like to see them do the Memorymoog. All I know of is the Memorymoon, 32 bit Window only. plenty of sample libraries, not the same. The Polivoks if they could nail it would be my first choice. I would love to see an Emulator with all the filters they used. The E6400 I owned had a truly unique bandpass.

Return to “Instruments”