Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth out today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WTF is WF11?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 amWTF is WF11?
Waveform ? https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-pro
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

don't use UNION a lot, but is great synth. i will work more with it, when it fits in my workflow, per song, phase in music making, i work with another arsenal of plugins.
but it has nice tricks in its sleeves..

reusenoise wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 am
BONES wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 amWTF is WF11?
Waveform ? https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-pro
yes, Tracktion Waveform 11

"Waveform" is one word, so W11 would make more sense, or maybe just "Waveform" so people know what you're talking about. I have a license, I know exactly what it is but that doesn't mean I know whatever abbreviation you care to give it means.
Last edited by BONES on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am maybe just "Waveform" so people know what you're talking about.
Hi!
It works like a fool defense. Who often works in Waveform will understand the abbreviation / reduction, the rest will pass by))
If you can help to understand this problem, I will be immensely grateful to you.
Performed all types and options of reinstallations, the problem remains. On a clean, freshly installed OS, with one single Union plugin - a problem exists. Maybe some libraries are missing, I don’t know. Soundspot support responded very quickly, but their solution to the problem was not working. Tracktion still think, but most likely will send to pluginval. I don’t want to leave with Waveform, I want to use Union)) All the time, some kind of ass throws up life ... But, does this temper us?))

I don’t know if I had one or many had such problems.
I didn’t get a response from Tracktion, but the update came Waveform 11:
Waveform ChangeList 11.1.0:
- Bugs: Fixed VST3 synths losing their MIDI input when rendering
Tracktion respect.
Thank you so much!!!
upd: I am sorry that I am not writing in the right topic, but here at least my question and answer will be visible)
Thanks to everyone who participated in this!
upd2: do not install over the old version! uninstall the old version and install the new one. Otherwise, another bug appears. :)

Well, for the past few weeks I've been getting into Obsession, bx_oberhausen, ANA 2 and HY-Poly, so I've not had much time for Union, but on Saturday I was looking for a synth for a lead part and none of those synths were giving me what I needed. Even Thorn wasn't helping much, so I rolled out Union and BAM! I had the perfect sound in about two minutes. I ended up using it another couple of times for other parts I wasn't quite happy with and again, I got what I wanted out of it in a few minutes. It's starting to get ridiculous how much use I get out of this $7 plugin and how happy I am with the results it gives me.

If anyone is interested, Plugin Boutique are doing soundsets for Union for $2 at the moment. The downloads are quite large and they include MIDI files to showcase some of the sounds in each bank. For that sort of money I couldn't resist.

I ended up buying three of the four preset packs and found a few good patches in them. I probably got my $6 worth but not much more.

Still no velocity response to keys? This synth is sh*t!!!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It's had velocity since the very first update, about a month after it was released. You're sh*t!!!

See the light blue button, lower-right, just above the effects, marked "VELOCITY/PORTAMENTO"? What do you think that is for?

BTW, it's $5 at Plugin Boutique at the moment, if anyone's interested -
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/5824

It's still my second-most used synth, and probably my favourite. I just love the sounds it makes!

Thanks for the heads up! Best €5.22 I've spent in a long time.

Awesome been wanting this. I think it sounds great. Just seems cheaply made and probably the developers don't want to mess with it much anymore, hence they are willing to get what they can out of it. Just like Air stuff. I know that when you buy software you are essentially paying for the labor because the software itself is essentially worth whatever the price the developers are willing to accept. And when the company no longer feels that waiting for a buy is worth more than basically throwing it at customers the price goes to near 0.

EDIT: A lot of Soundspot plugins are on sale at PA.
Looks pretty nice and cheap for what seems to be good plugins- anyone
use any of their other mixing/mastering stuff?

EDIT 2: I'm impressed with the Sound of Union. It has soft but hard/grainy sound while the basses
give you this interesting presence. It is like perfect for darker electronic music. Seems
pretty unique and hard to replicate in other synths but maybe I'm wrong about that.
Seems like a good synth if you are scoring a space movie.

Most of Soundspot's stuff is pretty ordinary. They obviously put a fair amount of effort in but their effectiveness and usefulness is very hit and miss. There are a couple of effects I use fairly regularly but most of them just sit in my VST folder. If you are patient, you should never have to pay more than $10 for any of their stuff - they sell it really cheap when they launch it, then put the price up for a while, then sell it super-cheap several times a year after that.

Union has heaps of potential and, when they launched it, they promised they were just getting started and it would get regular updates. We got the first update fairly quickly, which added a few things users had asked for, but since then it's been nothing for a couple of years. It's really sad because it has such a great sound, it's just a bit clunky to work with.
Last edited by BONES on Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”