Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

zvenx wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:27 pm I speak of ppl who do the actual programming, not just employees.
If you beta test for any of them you will know who does what.
I say no more.

rsp
Synapse Audio has two employees total. And I repeat BFD had six programmers according to the credits.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

zvenx wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:39 pm You will note I said Synths....Which for me does not include BFD3, and Etch etc.. To be precise I mean Dcam and Cypher 2 and strobe 2.
And to be even more precise Cypher/Strobe 2 which have the current browsers.
Fxpansion is Angus (talking about their synths) (before him Andrew)
rsp
How is that in anyway comparable to the Synapse Audio situation?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:48 am
zvenx wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:27 pm I speak of ppl who do the actual programming, not just employees.
If you beta test for any of them you will know who does what.
I say no more.

rsp
Synapse Audio has two employees total. And I repeat BFD had six programmers according to the credits.
also, if you have multiple employees besides programming, they handle all the other stuff.
if the programmers have to spend time answering emails, advertising, webmastering and so on, it cuts in to programming time.

So vurt, clearly you beta test. You think it is resources not priority or a combination of the two?

I still firmly stand by what I have said on the subject.
It is priority (which indeed is his right to decide)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:41 pm So vurt, clearly you beta test. You think it is resources not priority or a combination of the two?

I still firmly stand by what I have said on the subject.
It is priority (which indeed is his right to decide)
rsp
i think its probably a combination of all of them.

i was just pointing out that where there are other employees doing all the other stuff, a programmer can obviously get more done.

ive not beta tested software for a long time.
no one can afford me :hihi:

I do take your point about other employees.
Of course there are quite a few one-man/small operations who still manage to be very productive. (not at all saying or suggesting SA is not one of those)

lol. at they can't afford you :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm
It is a company that also sells Preset Banks.
to users who are well aware of the browser situation in said synths.

rezoneight wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:48 pm Since he's expecting us to buy this stuff to give him money to live on always a good idea to listen, especially when you have easy, direct access to the customer.
you buy it as it, not what it might become

don't like the browser? don't buy it

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm
I imagine you think the other developers who sell presets, who over time invested in a more comprehensive preset browser probably did not do it because of any informal or formal market research, but probably out of boredom.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:22 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm
I imagine you think the other developers who sell presets, who over time invested in a more comprehensive preset browser probably did not do it because of any informal or formal market research, but probably out of boredom.
rsp
but youre assuming richard hasnt done similar.
he may have a list of requests, most requested becomes priority one.

then its well, i want a preset browser, so i imagine most people do too...

the real data would tell anyone, he should stop all this synth nonsense and get back to orion.

But remember my thesis is it is a priority thing for him not an issue of manpower.
So indeed maybe you are right.

But it would be odd that more or less the same client pool (us), and different developers have come to different conclusions/results.
rsp
sound sculptist

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:28 pm the real data would tell anyone, he should stop all this synth nonsense and get back to orion.
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:29 pm But remember my thesis is it is a priority thing for him not an issue of manpower.
not disagreeing with you, but wouldnt more manpower equate to a possible longer list of priorities? or at least achieving each goal and being able to move on to another?

at the end of it all, richard makes the decision.
if he feels its a detriment to his business he will amend it.

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:34 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:29 pm But remember my thesis is it is a priority thing for him not an issue of manpower.
not disagreeing with you, but wouldnt more manpower equate to a possible longer list of priorities? or at least achieving each goal and being able to move on to another?

at the end of it all, richard makes the decision.
if he feels its a detriment to his business he will amend it.

Agreed on both points.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”