Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

The developer has said that he plans to have everything that someone has paid towards Fathom Pro(so original price paid, any voluntary upgrades, sound-banks etc.) all be used as a discount against Fathom (not sure if name has been confirmed outside of the beta, so just in case I'll invent the name in the next bit) Super Mega Ultra 3. So if for example you've already bought Fathom Pro at $35, and you've paid for 5 voluntary upgrades at $5 each, and two preset-banks at $10 each, that will give you a discount against the next version of $80.
If you haven't bought Fathom Pro or any sound banks, then the "Ultimate Bundle" for it is currently $75 (https://www.fathomsynth.com/products/fa ... ank-bundle).

Yes, exactly, for all existing users all money spent on Fathom including Pro, Upgrades and Sound Banks count toward the price of Fathom Vector.

Fathom Vector will be $125 and will include Intel AVX Parallel Processing, the new Metamorphic Oscillator and the new 16 Channel Modulated Free Routing Digital Delay.

Keep in mind that Fathom AVX which is just Fathom Pro + Intel AVX will be free for all existing users, so if you are happy with Fathom Pro and just want parallel processing you get it for free. This is only for existing users who purchased pro before the vector release, new users who want AVX will have to buy Vector.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:50 pm Yes, exactly, for all existing users all money spent on Fathom including Pro, Upgrades and Sound Banks count toward the price of Fathom Vector.
How are you organising this? Do you have a record of user purchases or do we have to send you all the order receipts? I believe I have "everything", so as I have time ( at the moment) I'd like to prepare for release day. :D

The server has a record of all sales.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:49 pm The server has a record of all sales.

The Fathom Pro sale is until October 18th, so I could buy it in September or October, too?

Intel AVX Parallel Processing will be free for existing Fathom Pro users.

However, the offer will only be available for existing users who have already purchased Fathom Pro by the time Fathom Vector is released.

If someone buys Fathom after Fathom Vector is released the only way to get Intel AVX will be to buy Fathom Vector.

So just go ahead and buy it now, then you are covered. You know you want to!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

If I have to pay the difference between the Fathom Pro sales price and the new Fathom Vector price anyway, I don't have ANY financial advantages if I buy it now. :neutral:

I'd rather wait until the Fathom Vektor is released and save the my money until then!

Wrong, Upgrading and getting a refund is only possible if you buy Pro before the release.

It is only a favor to our existing users who have supported us for so long, it is not a future policy.

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 pm Wrong, Upgrading and getting a refund is only possible if you buy Pro before the release.

It is only a favor to our existing users who have supported us for so long, it is not a future policy.
FathomSynth wrote:...for all existing users all money spent on Fathom including Pro, Upgrades and Sound Banks count toward the price of Fathom Vector.
What should be wrong?

If I buy Fathom Pro at the sale for $45, I get a $45 refund when I upgrade to Fathom Vector. So I have to pay $80 for the upgrade. All in all $125.

If I buy Fathom Vector without buying Fathom Pro. I'll have to pay $125, too.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:06 pm
FathomSynth wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 pm Wrong, Upgrading and getting a refund is only possible if you buy Pro before the release.

FathomSynth wrote:...for all existing users all money spent on Fathom including Pro, Upgrades and Sound Banks count toward the price of Fathom Vector.
What should be wrong?

If I buy Fathom Pro at the sale for $45, I get a $45 refund when I upgrade to Fathom Vector. So I have to pay $80 for the upgrade. All in all $125.

If I buy Fathom Vector without buying Fathom Pro. I'll have to pay $125, too.
Do as you wish, but the developer is making a good offer. Plus you would get to use Fathom now, instead of waiting with no Fathom.
Last edited by zzz00m on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Sorry, this is the first I've heard of a refund option. Can you tell us more about this?

Each customers purchases are added up, and that total will be deducted from the new version's price. The more updates and sound banks you purchased, the larger your discount.

'Refund' was not an optimium descriptive word. It should be called a 'customer loyalty discount', instead.
Cheers

So here's how it works.

Starting with the next release Fathom 3.0,
Fathom Pro will cost around $45.00, possibly less, and will be the existing product.
Fathom Vector will cost $125 and will include:
1. Intel AVX Parallel Processing
2. Metamorphic Oscillator
3. 16 Channel Modulated Digital Delay
4. All the future stuff planned such as full sampler.

Existing customers, users who have purchased Fathom Pro before the release of Vector, will get Intel AVX Parallel Processing for free as promised. They will also have the option of applying all money ever spent on Fathom and apply it to Vector if they want to move up to Vector. This includes price of Fathom Pro, All software upgrades and all sound banks ever purchased.

This will be in the form of a paypal refund after you purchase vector.

I will try to update the installer to tell you exactly how much of a refund you will get since the server has that information for every user.

Tricky-Loops, The reason I said wrong, is because if you buy Fathom Pro after the release you will not be able to apply the price of Fathom Pro $45 to the price of Fathom Vector. The discount is only for existing customers not users who buy after the release. After the release they will be two separate products and you will not be able to apply the price of one to the other.

After the release everything will be as it would normally for any company with two different products.

Also, please keep in mind all emails regarding your account must actually come from the email itself. If I get emails from people claiming that they used a different email to purchase the product then I won't be able to respond to them for obvious reasons. This is to protect your account from someone claiming to be you and getting your refund.

Return to “Instruments”