Emotional Viola by Harmonic Subtones

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Kevin63101
KVRist
375 posts since 30 Apr, 2008 from St Louis, MO

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:03 am

Best Service announced Emotional Viola by Harmonic Subtones to be released in the next week.

https://youtu.be/Xty1Doizjfk

I'm very excited about this addition to Emotional Cello and Emotional Violin libraries. Their libraries are incredibly realistic and easily playable with many, many switchable articulations.

Edit -- NOW AVAILABLE:
https://www.bestservice.com/emotional_viola.html

Crossgrade discount available for owners of Emotional Cello/Emotional Violin. :tu:
Last edited by Kevin63101 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cinebient
KVRAF
4830 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:31 am

My most awaited plug-in i can think of. I already love the Emotional Cello and Violin so much that i know it will be an insta buy for me from day one.
This release will make me happy :)
I own also Joshua Bell Violin, Bohemian Violin and Cello and some more good solo string instruments but these are my Nr.1 by far!

DSmolken
KVRAF
1721 posts since 20 Sep, 2013 from Poland

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:31 am

Ha, 50 years in the making, it seems!

doctoremmet
KVRer
4 posts since 13 Mar, 2020

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:31 am

It has been released today.

Kevin63101
KVRist

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:45 am

Here's Best Service link for Emotional Viola:
https://www.bestservice.com/emotional_viola.html

Instant buy for me! Discounts available for crossgrades from Emotional Cello / Emotional Violin.

Also new:
Emotional Cello is update 1.5 is now available with additional features (notably MKS momentary keyswitches) similar to the Violin and Viola libraries, free to registered users.
https://www.bestservice.com/emotional_cello.html

Kevin63101
KVRist

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28 pm

Purchased and installed Emotional Viola.

Blown away by this one ... I think Viola may become my favorite solo instrument of the 3 Emotional string libraries. Rich smooth sound. I've never felt this way about any other viola sample library the way Emotional Viola sounds and plays -- I absolutely love it.

Also installed free Emotional Cello 1.5 update. Nice to have the MKS, may need some tweaks (or practice) to get cello mks crossfades as smooth as Viola was upon first look. An improvement over 1.0 but think it might get a little better. That said, I've been a huge fan of Cello 1.0.

One of the cool additions is a set of presets "to use with Emotional Cello and Violin" (Cello has "to use with Emotional Violin and Viola"). These appear to be for layering instruments for polyphonic playing in same basic key range with same keyswitches. Emotional Violin doesn't have these patches yet, but anticipate a forthcoming set of similar layering "to use with ..." patches for the violin. Anyways, layering cello and Viola results in an exceptional sounding set of patches (via keyswitches) for playing strings as a keyboardist plays organ or string synth.

Highly recommended, to the extent I'd suggest getting Emotional Viola as first piece if you have to spread out getting all 3 Emotional string libraries. Excellent job! :tu:

DSmolken
KVRAF
1721 posts since 20 Sep, 2013 from Poland

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Kevin63101 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28 pm
Highly recommended, to the extent I'd suggest getting Emotional Viola as first piece if you have to spread out getting all 3 Emotional string libraries. Excellent job! :tu:
That's a good thing - if the most recent one is best, it implies the developer's getting better ideas and figuring out new things along the way.

Cinebient
KVRAF
4830 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:49 am

The viola is amazing indeed.
Still i think the "old" cello stays my favorite.
I love the new options and you get more in general but some things changed and some articulations and options also are removed or sounds not quite the same.
But you can use both version. So i see it as i have now 2 cellos, a viola and a violin from them.
They all are amazing and they stay my favorite solo string tools.
But there is something in the older version of the cello which makes it the best from all these for me (like the eRR option and some more) which got lost with the v1.5.
So if i look at them as single solo piece i would put them this way as my favorite in terms of tone, articulations, performance, workflow etc.:
1. Emotional Cello v1.1.7 (i think it was the last before 1.5)
2. Emotional Viola
3. Emotional Violin
4. Emotional Cello v1.5
Maybe i will get more used to the new version when playing with the settings and all but so far it sounds so different when using the same sounds (and not in a better way sadly).
Beside that the viola and new cello seems to be a bit buggy for me (sometimes the legato transitions, especially with the bow change are missing, which is resolved when reloading Kontakt, so that could be also a Logic, Kontakt or whatever bug).
Again, i really still love the Harmonic Subtones work on these and they stay my favorites all compared to others i own like f.e.Bohemian Violin and Cello or Joshua Bell Violin (they are great too but for the sum of its all and my workflow i much prefer the Harmonic Subtones/Best Service tools here).
I still hope they also will release an Emotional Bass someday.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”