Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Hi,

I came across this video about Studio One Pro 5 not saving the automation data with the new Mix Scenes. I didn't test it yet, but will do so later today.

If you have a chance to test it, please do, since this is a big issue, they will need to add Automation to the list of parameters to save with the scene (Recall Options).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WNLns ... e=youtu.be

LawrenceF wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:06 pm Remixing some stems in 5.0, trying to break it and/or logging any bugs I come across. Mixed in headphones so caveat if it sucks ass on speakers.

Also take note that I built myself a scenes toolbar for v5.

https://youtu.be/ckrgEbUz1ZU
I see you like Everest compressor plugin very much. :D
That's a really nice sounding mix and quite amazing you've done it with stock plugins.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:01 pm I see you like Everest compressor plugin very much. :D
I do. It's a clone of hardware that I own, the Summit Audio TLA-50. (Everest / Summit, get it?), and the compressor behavior is really smooth just like the hardware. That's where the similarities end though. The hardware tube is really colorful when you push it and the plugin doesn't do that.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... dio-tla-50

But yeah, the Everest is my favorite Fat Channel compressor.

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 am
LawrenceF wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am Yeah. that's me.
So, how about it? Does it work with v5? If so, how? If not, are you planning to upgrade it for v5?

I'm surprised Presonus have not simply bought it from you and implemented it natively :dog:
Yeah, good question. Is there a charge for this addon? If not, you should have a link to Paypal for a donation at least.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

Does someone else has some crashes on Catalina?

I've a lot, since updated the V5... :(

I use a lot of Melodyne tracks, I don't know if that's the problem, but on V4 it was working good...

dlt123 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:58 am
antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 am
LawrenceF wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am Yeah. that's me.
So, how about it? Does it work with v5? If so, how? If not, are you planning to upgrade it for v5?

I'm surprised Presonus have not simply bought it from you and implemented it natively :dog:
Yeah, good question. Is there a charge for this addon? If not, you should have a link to Paypal for a donation at least.
He already replied. Yes, it works. You just need to copy the extension to v5 folder :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I remember there was an add-on Studio One X, but I can't seem to find a link for download anymore. I have an old version on my pc, dunno if it works anymore.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:10 am I remember there was an add-on Studio One X, but I can't seem to find a link for download anymore. I have an old version on my pc, dunno if it works anymore.
No, it's no longer maintained and the link is no longer available.

I'd like the installer too because I want the Event List window!

It doesn't seem to work with v5.0 and if I remember right, it didn't worked with v4 either. It's for v3, from the looks of it.

That's a pity, and it doesn't seem that it will be updated. Pity the author won't release it as open source for someone else to continue with it.

From my understanding, he's still working on this extension, but only for his personal use. I don't understand why PreSonus isn't including some of his features? From my no coder view, it looked so easy for him to include them, for PreSonus should be a lot easier, I think.

LocalTrack19 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:32 am I have been working with Studio One 5 Artist for a couple of weeks now, only to find out now that I cannot find the Multi-Instrument anywhere.... was it dropped from Artist in V5, or was it never in Artist anyway? The Presonus site did not give any more insight :?
It's not available in Artist, only Pro.

Is there a setting anywhere in the MIDI editor to not snap the rectangular selection created by the arrow tool to the grid, without disabling snap to grid for the MIDI notes as well?

What happens is that when selecting notes the left edge of the rectangle selection snaps to the right part of the grid and I miss some notes on the left.

mdstudio wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:45 pm
LocalTrack19 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:32 am I have been working with Studio One 5 Artist for a couple of weeks now, only to find out now that I cannot find the Multi-Instrument anywhere.... was it dropped from Artist in V5, or was it never in Artist anyway? The Presonus site did not give any more insight :?
It's not available in Artist, only Pro.
Bummer.... then I should really consider to upgrade to Pro. Let’s wait for Black Friday :wink:

Still on V4 but I have an issue, is there a way to route your FX sends back into a bus ? or is the true option to never use FX sends and just use Busses ?

Basically want to apply some filter FX but because I have individual tracks going into FX sends, it would mean I'd have to have inserts doing carbon copies of the filter on every FX send I have in order to get a uniform effect unless I could just route the FX into 1 single bus along with the other busses

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”