Cubase 10.5: Help me configure this workflow with regards to channel specific mute/solo via controller

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to assign 5 individual tracks to specific CC commands so that I can mute/solo them easily and at will.

1 of these tracks is always at the very top of the project and the other 4 (busses) are always at the very end. So rather than scroll up/down constantly I'd like to assign each track to a CC button on my keyboard.

I know how to solo the channel I'm currently on and already have this mapped however I'm unable to find a way to bind a CC message to a specific channel.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You could make a logical editor preset using the track name(s) to select it/them and put that preset in a macro with the solo/mute command.

c0nan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:38 pm You could make a logical editor preset using the track name(s) to select it/them and put that preset in a macro with the solo/mute command.
Whoosh!

Enough to get started with though, thanks. Two functions I need to learn: logical editors and macros. Google it is.

I can’t do the macro in excel can I? :hihi:

The logical editor is a nightmare, but incredibly useful :hihi:

Macros are easy, you can put them together in the key command window. But you don't even need one for this.

In the logical editor:
Upper window: name - equals - [track name]
Lower window: track operation - solo - switch
(at the bottom: function: transform)

Fantastic. Thanks mate, will give it a shot later today.

I've created the Logical Editor and it works as intended when pressing Apply however I don't see where I assign the controller and CC number :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok got it working with key commands. Yay!

jesus thats convoluted!
get a better host!
right click/midi learn boom!

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:42 pm jesus thats convoluted!
get a better host!
right click/midi learn boom!
Whilst doing it I was thinking just that. This is one click in Live :x
I am a die-hard Cubase user though.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm Ok got it working with key commands. Yay!
:tu:
Controller assignments are done via "Studio Settings" (I'm using the German version, so I'm not sure about the english names. The main tab is "Studio"). Once you added your controller you can use the lower window to assign a million commands to your buttons and faders. I still have no idea where they hid the key commands, but the Logical presets are under
[your button] - command - Process Project Logical Editor - [your preset]. That's way more fun than a simple MIDI learn :lol: :dog:

c0nan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:23 pm I still have no idea where they hid the key commands,
File -> Key Commands :wink:
More BPM please

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”