Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

OzoneJunkie wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:26 am Reface and update Ohmicide, and I'm in.
It's (nearly) next, but before we're cooking a lovely surprise.
Last edited by Red_Force on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El°HYM wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 am Well wasnt really in joy about their absence, as Ohmboys seemed to have been gone for a long time now. So I still see a positive Outcome somehow and hope for that, also he posted in here 1 or 2 times, I believe. As for the Price, I am also pretty sure they will adapt to the worldwide crisis situation (as many other companies).
It's on a cut EA price right now and there's an upgrade offer available for Ohmboyz owner.

It's also years in the making - probably around 3 years of efforts, very much like Ohmicide.

Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm It's on a cut EA price right now and there's an upgrade offer available for Ohmboyz owner.

It's also years in the making - probably around 3 years of efforts, very much like Ohmicide.
Will the upgrade price for Ohmboyz owners also increase after intro/EA period?
It is 59€, right?

dermage wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 pm
Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm It's on a cut EA price right now and there's an upgrade offer available for Ohmboyz owner.

Will the upgrade price for Ohmboyz owners also increase after intro/EA period?
It is 59€, right?
My ticket says €53.33 EXCLUDING V.A.T.

Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm
El°HYM wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 am Well wasnt really in joy about their absence, as Ohmboys seemed to have been gone for a long time now. So I still see a positive Outcome somehow and hope for that, also he posted in here 1 or 2 times, I believe. As for the Price, I am also pretty sure they will adapt to the worldwide crisis situation (as many other companies).
It's on a cut EA price right now and there's an upgrade offer available for Ohmboyz owner.

It`s All Good, sir. Glad to see you are still around & thriving as usual! :phones:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

It's extremely buggy on the latest OSX and Macbook Pro. Takes forever to load and even close the GUI, it temporarily loads with 100% feedback causing crazy loudness and then it often ends up crashing. Ohm Force used to make fairly stable plugins, so this is disappointing.
Other Ohm Force plugin won't even install on mac.

Hi! I bought early access, uh, early on, and I haven’t received any email or anything. How do I access the new build?

Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:26 am Reface and update Ohmicide, and I'm in.
It's (nearly) next, but before we're cooking a lovely surprise.
That's exciting! :tu: :tu: :tu:

perpetual3 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:03 pm Hi! I bought early access, uh, early on, and I haven’t received any email or anything. How do I access the new build?
Just download it from your account...

Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm It's also years in the making - probably around 3 years of efforts, very much like Ohmicide.
No offense, but how much you manage to develop within a certain span of time depends on the speed with which you work during that time (which again depends on any number of factors) and thus it is entirely irrelevant how much time it took you to develop a certain something. The product is whatever it is, regardless of whether it took you ten days to develop it or ten years.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:48 am
Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm It's also years in the making - probably around 3 years of efforts, very much like Ohmicide.
No offense, but how much you manage to develop within a certain span of time depends on the speed with which you work during that time (which again depends on any number of factors) and thus it is entirely irrelevant how much time it took you to develop a certain something. The product is whatever it is, regardless of whether it took you ten days to develop it or ten years.
There's much more to it than speed. Red_Force is implying a thought process. Just look at Loomer's MIDI DAW and why it's not yet finished - at least that's public.

That's different to just throwing several bags of potatoes from the trunk of your car into the garage.

again: either the product itself shows it or it does not. In either case it thus is irrelevant how long it too to develop it. The product is whatever it is.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

kingtubby wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:23 pm https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity

Apparently it's out of beta next month.
Where does it say it is out of beta? I wouldn't hold my breath. It has been a really poor show from ohmforce, to be honest. And the chap who said it has taken three years to develop. 9am to 5pm most days for three years on a modulatable delay? For which they can recycle some previous code from ohmboyz? I seriously doubt it. Compare that to most other developers; Sean Costello at Valhalla DSP springs to mind. Also, general communication and updates on the Ohmforce website have been diabolical. Apparently it's still due out for Q4 2018. People, including myself, have already paid for this product.

leeleema wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:21 am Compare that to most other developers; Sean Costello at Valhalla DSP springs to mind.
Not the best example... :lol:

jens wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:30 am
leeleema wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:21 am Compare that to most other developers; Sean Costello at Valhalla DSP springs to mind.
Not the best example... :lol:
Very true, two ends of the efficiency spectrum with all other developers in between :lol:

Return to “Effects”