Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:33 pm Got the JV-1080. Having a bit of trouble with it.

1) The factory banks were missing. I had to navigate to the Roland Folder to load them into the VSTi (Banks A-E) one at a time.
2) They are working now. Managed to install the three additional packs from the Cloud Manager (RCM) Patches section.

At the moment everything is working except under the LEGENDARY section, RCM says JV-1080 is available in my SOFTWARE section (which it is) but it is still displaying the ''get a lifetime key'' message, top right. Must have been a glitch during purchase. My internet was bad this morning.

This might be of interest to others: I discovered that if you click on the word 'Account' in RCM (bottom left of the App') you can send a message to support from there.

Update: Travis from Suport says: ''Right now, everyone has access to the JV-1080 during the July promotion. After that, you should see your status in Roland Cloud Manager revert to your purchased lifetime key.''
I got bad advice from support. Today RCM said my License for 1080 had expired. Back to support again. The ball is in your court (again) guys.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:36 pm I was referring to the plugin though - doesn't seem well optimised.
Yeah…it's not. Guessing they wrote some kind of emulation layer so they could just transplant their poly ACB synths (originally written for BMC — their latest custom DSP chips) over to Intel without rewriting them. Performance is quite bad. That was one of the reasons I bought a (hardware) System-8. Hands-on control and no performance issues.
Stormchild

System-8 ver 1.3.4 is out.
what's new?

Amram wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:29 pm System-8 ver 1.3.4 is out.
what's new?
It fixed a bug with the System-8 hardware in some cases (like mine) where you couldn't transfer patches between the Plug-Out and the hardware. You'd get a "data file invalid" error message. This was going on for over a year and finally just got resolved.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:47 pm
what's new?
It fixed a bug with the System-8 hardware in some cases (like mine) where you couldn't transfer patches between the Plug-Out and the hardware. You'd get a "data file invalid" error message. This was going on for over a year and finally just got resolved.
can you write here the change log for prev vers?

Amram wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:47 pm
what's new?
can you write here the change log for prev vers?
I only know about the one bug being fixed because I was directly affected by it, reported it, and had been waiting a year for the fix. If change logs are available for prior versions, it would take me as much time to search for and locate them as it would you.

Can the System-8 plugin load System-1 presets? Or, can the 1's be converted into 8's?

No and no, AFAIK.

thenumber23 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:53 pm Can the System-8 plugin load System-1 presets? Or, can the 1's be converted into 8's?
No, but the System-8 has the System-1 filter as one of its options, so you can reasonably approximate System-1 patches on the System-8. It takes a bit of work, but it's good practice anyway.
Stormchild

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 pm blah ... Today RCM said my License for 1080 had expired.
No reply from these guys yet. Note to self: Must remember to pester them today.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Zenology Juno-106 Released today :tu:

Hi guys, I am still a bit confused about Roland Cloud. If I'd like to have a representation of the XV 5080 in Zenology, what are the additional packs I would need to get the sounds (minus the missing reverb)? Or is all of this in Core already?

edit: Not sure why this question deserves a downvote. The repackaging of content in Roland cloud and the recurring sounds in multiple synths aren't super transparent. But in the meantime, I got me a core subscription, anyway... :hihi:
Last edited by tq on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:26 am Zenology Juno-106 Released today :tu:
The ACB Juno-106 absolutely blows the Zenology version out of the water. The ACB Juno sounds just like the real Juno whereas the Zenology Juno offers some Juno flavors.

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:19 pm
The ACB Juno-106 absolutely blows the Zenology version out of the water. The ACB Juno sounds just like the real Juno whereas the Zenology Juno offers some Juno flavors.
Not surprised by this at all. They seem to continuously prefer these half-baked solutions, 'flavr' and 'anthology' libraries. I'll never understand why.

Shiek927 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:19 pm
Not surprised by this at all. They seem to continuously prefer these half-baked solutions, 'flavr' and 'anthology' libraries. I'll never understand why.
Much easier to produce new content that way.

Return to “Instruments”