Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

In the Store dialog, whatever you type as Category is the folder in which the preset stores. You can add backslashes to add subfolders.

For single trigger LFOs use scene LFOs (S-LFO).

MorpherX wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 pm
The last original version of Surge I had was 1.5.2 I think and with this version I am able to choose the user folder as well as the folder-category in the user
main folder.
As Evil said, you can uses slashes in the category name and it works. But also check the manual for how to use a folder other than %DOCUMENTS%\Surge for your overall user folder.

Found something.

When you enter modulation assignment mode, and then rightclick any blue slider that is still in the exact same position as the yellow one underneath, the context menu does not show the edit/clear modulator items. These items will only be shown when you move the blue slider so it is no longer in the same position as the yellow one. (I.e. you have to move the slider before you can select Edit to type in the desired value. The fact that Clear isnt there doesnt matter since there is nothing to clear when both sliders are in the same position.) See GIF.

Could be a layer priority thing.

SurgeModAssign.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think that's by design. If there's no modulation amount assigned, the slider is not blue, hence edit/clear mod amount options don't appear.

Yeah, Clear is of course unnecessary when no amount is set, (nothing to clear), but Edit should be there so users CAN set the amount via the numeric input right from the get go.

Example: I want to assign a StepSeq to Scene pitch for melodic patterns.

2 options:

1) Drag the slider around until i hit 12.00
2) Rightclick, type 12, be done

Im sure you see what i mean.

Clear isnt needed at that point, but Edit allows you to work fast and precise.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm I think that's by design. If there's no modulation amount assigned, the slider is not blue, hence edit/clear mod amount options don't appear.
BTW, unless i somehow misunderstood you thats not correct. The sliders of modulatable targets are always blue in mod assign mode, whether an amount is set or not. Only the non-modulatable targets remain yellow. (You can see that in the GIF too.)

I meant slider grooves, not thumbs.

Anyways yep - you make a good point, we'll see what we can do :)

Yeah, just dawned on me. (That you really meant the grooves.)

I meant to edit the last post but the forum doesnt let me.

Quote works, Report works, only Edit doesnt.

So never mind.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Yeah, would be great if you could make Edit show at all times. People who type in values a lot will love it because its so much faster than dragging sliders.

Indeed. Except in that case I'd rather call it "Add modulation: x..." x being name of modulator. Should be feasible. :)

Whatever works!

Thanks. :)

Aaaaaaaand...

:)

It's getting busy with separators here, do you think Add... should be merged with Edit... block there (but stay first)?

If youre asking my opinion, that menu looks a heck of a lot better than the one im getting here on that parameter. And the item segmentation looks fine to me too, i probably would have done it exactly the same way.

Nice!

Well you get those extra entries as you add modulations, of course. I just took a random patch that had more than one mod source added to a whatever parameter to test the Add modulation addition (too many adds XD).

For comparison:

I'm ambivalent about which way to go, so since you proposed the feature, you get to vote on implementation style :)

Yes, of course, i meant functionally it looks a lot better. :)

If i get to vote id say unless a good reason to change something pops up, leave it exactly as it was in the first screenshot, i.e. Add in a separate row.

Fair dos, it will be done in 1.7.2 (or, if impatient, in the next nightly) :)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”