The Perfect Chord progression

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Iam working on a project I have a lead sound with a random chord progression which was nice but wasn't what Iam looking for so I started messing around and found another lead sound which what I was looking for ,I wrote a melody I'm satisfied with but now chords have to change and I don't know what chord progression will be the perfect one even though I know enough about music theory but I don't know how to apply this to my situation
what should I do in order to have the perfect chords for this because once I can't get forward in this project without those chords

Impossible without knowing your melody. So please post the melody, then maybe someone might chime in with a fitting chord suggestions
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Learn how. If you have a real question, people here will see if they can sort you. We cannot write your piece for you. Well, you want to pay people to if you won't.

There's no such thing as the perfect chord progression. Even for memorable progressions in popular songs, there's always room for substitution.

tl;dr - don't fret about it. Do what sounds good. If something else sounds better tomorrow, use that.

first order of business is to be able to identify the chord progressions in what you hear, starting obv with what you like.
There are principles which are not really very difficult, such as root movement, such as tensions, such as bass line et cetera which people who really are going to write music either study or have the talent and the experience to obtain via osmosis and ear.

It's the 'give a person a fish and they have that one meal, never learning to fish they have to rely on others doing the fishing to continue eating' thing.

On your own, I'd say it might be the best move to start with a bass line.

vercitti wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:53 pm Iam working on a project I have a lead sound with a random chord progression which was nice but wasn't what Iam looking for so I started messing around and found another lead sound which what I was looking for ,I wrote a melody I'm satisfied with but now chords have to change and I don't know what chord progression will be the perfect one even though I know enough about music theory but I don't know how to apply this to my situation
what should I do in order to have the perfect chords for this because once I can't get forward in this project without those chords
Music is an art form, which by definition means that it's a subjective experience. Part of what that means is that there is no perfect anything in art. Whatever you experience from art is personal, and your experience is unique. Long story short - nobody but you can determine what the perfect chord progression is for you and your music. It's not paint-by-numbers, or a jigsaw puzzle - unfortunately, there are no short cuts. If music is what you want to do, you're going to have roll up your sleeves and learn how.

viivvviiv

i like how its symmetrical.
obviously, youll have to work out which bits should be capitalized as i dont use such things.
and also where the spaces should all be.

@ op. Please use periods and commas. I couldn't read your post.

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:32 pm viivvviiv

obviously, youll have to work out which bits should be capitalized as i dont use such things.
and also where the spaces should all be.
Symmetrical is good. :)

datroof wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:46 pm
Symmetrical is good. :)
its 6 4 5 6 1 5.
or 6 4 5 6 4
7 5 5 5 2 5
and so on.
very handy progression.

It reminds me your avatar.

wha are yo pweeple on about?

Kinh wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm wha are yo pweeple on about?

music.
you wouldnt understand.

Don't drink and drive

..... lives matter
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Music Theory”