Zynaptiq - Orange Vocoder 4 (2018)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orange Vocoder AU

Within 5 months? Doubt it. Orange Vocoder existed in 1999 so I assume this is a remake with higher fidelity.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

They have shown an early version already, and it certainly wasn't just a reskinned OV from 1999. Look up the videos, they are on Youtube somewhere. Wouldn't fit the company's previous re-releases of Prosoniq products, either. But atm, it's all guess work, isn't it?

Cmyth wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:19 pm with multiple unique vocoder algorithms that you can’t really find in any other plugin.
Melda MVocoder seems to have a lot of flexibility. It doesn't get you where you want to go?

tq wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:56 pm Who says it's shelved? They stated multiple times in the past that they are still working on it. On their FB page, they stated that it will be "definitely" released 2020.
So why doesn't their page now say "released second half 2020" or something like that?

Obvious answer: because they have no faith (and perhaps no expectation at all) that they actually will do so.

Given that they're already 2.5 years (!) behind schedule, I can't help but view any "definitely" statements they made on facebook with healthy skepticism.

But hey, I want to be proven wrong! If it actually is released this year, I'll be the first to welcome (or at least test) it with open arms! :tu:

kidslow wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:16 pm
Cmyth wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:19 pm with multiple unique vocoder algorithms that you can’t really find in any other plugin.
Melda MVocoder seems to have a lot of flexibility. It doesn't get you where you want to go?
I actually love MVocoder! Very great for getting some cool sounds. Though, the thing I really look forward to in OV4 is the multiple LPC Algorithims. I can't really find any other plugins that use LPC for vocoding which sucks, since LPC is great for achieving Daft Punk type sounds (Which I love). That's why I'm worried about this not coming out any time soon.

Got the VP-330 and 5000/Sennheiser 201 bundle from XILS which probably covers the full spectrum.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:34 am Got the VP-330 and 5000/Sennheiser 201 bundle from XILS which probably covers the full spectrum.
I got that bundle as well :love:

However, what was shown by Zynaptiq 2.5 years ago, seemed really cool, such as the different algorithms. If released it will be a INSTAbuy for me. :borg:
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

It seems that the Zynaptiq team is completely absorbed by updating TRIUMPH, MYRIAD, SPECTRE, AURA and LOOP EDITOR.
However I'm still looking forward to Orange Vocode IV.
I bet it'll be out this year and will be top quality and quite unique.

dont hold ya breath. my guess is they were developing it, ran into some unresolved latency issues, noticed how adaptiverb sales dropped for that very reason and got too discouraged to continue. You cant have a vocoder with latency.
I would say dats most likely whats happened as there's clearly a market for this product and especially 1-2 years ago when producers were using em a lot. This things been going for like 3 f#cking years!

Doesn't convince me.
Adaptiverb shows up very seldom 2nd hand and if, it's gone quite quickly.
Latency is not really relevant when you're not playing live.
Therefore I stay optimistic.

Kinh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:28 pm dont hold ya breath. my guess is they were developing it, ran into some unresolved latency issues, noticed how adaptiverb sales dropped for that very reason and got too discouraged to continue. You cant have a vocoder with latency.
I would say dats most likely whats happened as there's clearly a market for this product and especially 1-2 years ago when producers were using em a lot. This things been going for like 3 f#cking years!
You are aware of the fact that part of Zynaptiq are from Prosoniq who developed the original Orange Vocoder, and were also in involved in Hartmann Neuron, among others? I am pretty sure that these guys know how to code a Vocoder in principle, and won't be discouraged by "unresolved latency" issues. (Do you simply infer from Adaptiverb's latency to an unreleased product...?!) They are, on the other hand, known for delays or products that are released without any advance warning (Intensity came out of nowhere, if I remember correctly), so they are more in the "it's done when it's done" territory... but usually, when their stuff is released, it's very different from everything else on the market. :D

Kinh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:28 pm my guess is they were developing it, ran into some unresolved latency issues, noticed how adaptiverb sales dropped for that very reason and got too discouraged to continue.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know the state of the Adaptiverb sales?

Calenberger wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:46 am I bet it'll be out this year and will be top quality and quite unique.
i wish i could be as optimistic as you are

i just cannot understand why there is not even a word on what's going on
Last edited by nicetrack on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just thought id drop in with an inane comment. Thought about slagging off at the devs without the remotest understanding of the research behind zynaptiq products, or personal and commercial constraints on development times. Decided against but maybe ill do a reply later to show how i am a pig ignorant fuckwit lacking any self awareness

Zynaptiq folk avoid questions regarding OV4 like plague.

Obviously it has taken more time than it was planned initially. Apparently, they've experienced problems they did not foresee. My bet is on the algos they've developed are so f good, they "kill" most desktop CPUs efficiently, as vocoders can get very taxing. So they're working on a compromise.

It's a great product. They wouldn't think twice if to release it, as long as it was ready. You think they'd want to make a long-running soap opera out of it? Why? They'd rather be making green, I think.

Return to “Effects”