New Pigments 2 Thread (On Topic Discussion Only, Please)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Palette for Arturia Pigments 2 Pigments 5

Vatta wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:58 pm Hi guys i know this is stupid question.

Is pigment different from pigment 2? Because mine show pigment not pigment 2.
Thank you
Pigments 2 is a significant update of Pigments (1) and is free for all users of Pigments (1). Just check your Arturia Software Center and download/update.

However, it will only show up as "Pigments" in both standalone and VST/whatever. You can check the "about" for the exact version installed.

SebAV wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:52 pm Does anybody use the vst3 version on Live ? I’m experiencing big latency when changing presets. No such latency with other vst3s or the vst2 version
I’ve just updated to the last version and the problem is gone !

Is it just me, or is this not a phenomenal synth?

Downloaded the demo on whim, hesitated mainly because my CPU is sort of old and slow (struggles with more some more complex Alchemy patches in Logic), was thoroughly impressed in the first hour or so. So much so that I bought it. :party:

It being on sale gave me a nice nudge (on sale through the 12th for half off, for those wondering).

After more time with it, even more impressed! :hyper:

Easy modulation. Two layers of sounds to work with (while still being easy on the CPU :party: ). A nice selection of somewhat unconventional filters. Easy drag and drop sample import, even for the Wavetable section. 8)

Groovy man. :phones:

grannypantz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:06 am Is it just me, or is this not a phenomenal synth?

Downloaded the demo on whim, hesitated mainly because my CPU is sort of old and slow (struggles with more some more complex Alchemy patches in Logic), was thoroughly impressed in the first hour or so. So much so that I bought it. :party:

It being on sale gave me a nice nudge (on sale through the 12th for half off, for those wondering).

Easy modulation. Two layers of sounds to work with (while still being easy on the CPU :party: ). A nice selection of somewhat unconventional filters. Easy drag and drop sample import, even for the Wavetable section. 8)

Usually was complaints only about sound of his Analog section and maybe built in effects (reverb), in any other aspects (especially modulation system that near to unique) this is many praises and door to one of parallel realities.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 pm
grannypantz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:06 am Is it just me, or is this not a phenomenal synth?

Usually was complaints only about sound of his Analog section and maybe built in effects (reverb), in any other aspects (especially modulation system that near to unique) this is many praises and door to one of parallel realities.
I hope then that Hive 2 complements well for the analog OSCs to compensate for Pigments since I thought to sell it bc I bought Hive 2 and it sounds sooo good and I need a reason to keep both :D

Pigments is one of my favorite synth that I have. Always can make something good in it. Presets are good ones the expansions. Between dune 3, pigments and Ana 2 it wood be Sophie's choice on which one to get rid of first

c_voltage wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 pm Usually was complaints only about sound of his Analog section and maybe built in effects (reverb)...
I just checked out the Analog section last night, and yeah some of the oscillators seem kind of.... I don't know... Off, but there's enough there to do some things, and I'm kind of liking that it's maybe slightly different.

And I've come to the point where I don't really expect much from built in effects.

I was mainly interested in what it could do with samples anyways, and in that regard it's very compelling.

grannypantz wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:04 pm mainly interested in what it could do with samples anyways,
Yes, if samples, then you made the right choice. This is most delicious part of this quest (after modulation ofcourse).

I decided to buy Pigments as my main instrument in getting back into music making after a long break. So far it seems to cover all bases... I'm loving it. The only thing I've so far stumbled upon which I think might be a drawback is the lack of pan controls on the synths prior to the filters... so for creative panning options one would have to make strategic use of the filter signal path options. Unless I've missed something, that is... I've only had it a couple of days. I also wish there were pan options on the FX, so you could position a mono reverb in the stereo field etc.. But for the most part it seems fantastic. I have had some GUI scale issues though on Windows 10... that's a pain in the ass.
Last edited by chagzuki on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:18 am I've also noticed with DUNE that you can sometimes turn half the effects off without changing the sound at all. It's almost like one or two of the preset designers were using some kind of preset randomiser to make new patches and not going back to clean them up so they make sense to someone trying to edit them.
I fully agree I often turn off the delay on both the effects 1 & 2 and there's still a damn delay. I check the appegietor and nothing. I'm like wtf did they use and I try to trace the preset down and nothing. So I agree it's almost like they used a preset maker to eat embedded some things in or I'm just not seeing a feature/menu in the program to turn something if. Pigments is fairly easy to use by clicking and clacking and getting the hang of things without reading the manual.

Tendou wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 pmI hope then that Hive 2 complements well for the analog OSCs to compensate for Pigments since I thought to sell it bc I bought Hive 2 and it sounds sooo good and I need a reason to keep both :D
I have both but I use Pigments a lot more than Hive.
grannypantz wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:04 pmAnd I've come to the point where I don't really expect much from built in effects.
I've never understood what people expect from on-board effects. Big, expansive reverbs that make an individual patch sound amazing just clog up a mix and turn it to mud. I either turn the on-board effects off, in favour of global reverb/delay through sends, or I back them right off to the point where it no longer matters how good or bad they are. I've always though that if you can tell the quality of a delay or reverb, then you are probably using too much of it. I save the high quality stuff for my sends, where you can definitely tell the difference.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It was a couple of months ago I tried the demo so this might have been fixed, but is it possible to remove the constantly moving LFOs in the middle of the GUI? I don’t want that distraction when programming patches.

Ohlson_M wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm It was a couple of months ago I tried the demo so this might have been fixed, but is it possible to remove the constantly moving LFOs in the middle of the GUI? I don’t want that distraction when programming patches.
I find it a really useful visual aid that enhances patch creation. One man’s meat...

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

BONES wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:29 am I've never understood what people expect from on-board effects.
There is instruments where builtin effects does big job, that in cord of synthesis abilities give sometimes unique result (good example - Synapse Audio Antidote, has a set of very cool effects, and especially the reverb, which has become almost a classic in the RE format, existing in a separate plugin as well), whereas using external favorites - the thing is also right, but has its own logical nuances, as an additional consumption of resources and time for tuning (against saving everything as a single preset). Not to mention sometimes interesting tricks via modulation to effects parameters (thru synth envelopes etc).

Added: btw, i liked sound of Antidote more than Dune 2 and 3. Especially pads\unison character.

BONES wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:29 am I have both but I use Pigments a lot more than Hive.
Didn't you once tell, that you would like to use Pigments more often, but you can't, because it hardly fits in your mixes in opposite to Hive? What was the reason? How did you solve it? Just interested.

Return to “Instruments”