Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

just copy all folders in skins folder to Themes folder and it will be ok.

planetearth wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:57 am (And actually, this new skin doesn't even show the "hamburger" lines/icon to show where to access the presets or skins. It's the only skin that doesn't show the lines/icon. Fortunately, right-clicking anywhere in the synth gets you to the presets menu. Still....)
The new skin has a red MENU button instead.

Crossinger wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:12 am @planetearth: Did you have a custom theme before? Try to rename/move the settings.xml file from the folder and restart everything again (settings.xml should be recreated automatically)
I didn't have a custom theme, no. And deleting the settings.xml file didn't help; it wasn't re-created when I tried to add the synth to a new project.

Steve

UPDATE: I put the "Themes" folder back into the OB-Xd folder, launched the synth, and it worked (after deleting the settings.xml file). But this is not what the error message clearly states on the synth as to where the Themes folder should be.

So basically, this path worked, even though the error message on the synth says it shouldn't be in the "OB-Xd" folder:
OB-Xd2.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, @Crossinger and @Amram.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by planetearth on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Amram wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:16 am just copy all folders in skins folder to Themes folder and it will be ok.
The folders in the Skins folder were all for the 1.5 version of OB-Xd, which got uninstalled when I uninstalled the new one. I'm not interested in re-installing it, but I know those old skins are for that version and would probably only cause more problems if I put them into the Themes folder, right?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:51 am
zzz00m wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:47 pmBut I still prefer using the VST2 version due to the presets are not visible or browsable from the host DAW using the VST3 plugin, except via the hamburger icon or the right click context menu in the plugin UI.
Presets are browsable in VST3 over here in Reaper...
In Cubase 10.5 it still doesn't work.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:51 am
zzz00m wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:47 pmBut I still prefer using the VST2 version due to the presets are not visible or browsable from the host DAW using the VST3 plugin, except via the hamburger icon or the right click context menu in the plugin UI.
Presets are browsable in VST3 over here in Reaper...
Yes, you are correct! It even works in Cakewalk by BandLab. But neither of those 2 are my daily drivers.

But in Studio One 4 and Ableton Live 10 (w/latest updates) there is no OB-Xd VST3 program info showing up in the host. Good thing VST2 is still included and works well! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

That's because S1 works by scanning for .vstpresets, I think. Not sure!

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:57 pm That's because S1 works by scanning for .vstpresets, I think. Not sure!
Inquiring minds are wondering what Reaper scans for instead?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I think Reaper just uses the VST3 API to ask the plugin for the list of presets, if the plugin reports that, it uses it.

Interestingly, I can't even get OB-Xd to load in S1 v4 over here.

EDIT: Had to blow out the plugin cache, all good now.

Interestingly, in S1 I don't get that issue I outlined in one of my previous posts where button states get borked. So looks like there's something Reaper-specific happening there?

EDIT EDIT: It happens in S1 as well. But only after first switching a preset. Good one to test is the Claps preset in FMR bank - try to add filter modulation by enabling the Sine button and Filter button then tweaking LFO rate and Freq Amt. It just doesn't work.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:09 pm Interestingly, I can't even get OB-Xd to load in S1 v4 over here.

EDIT: Had to blow out the plugin cache, all good now.

Interestingly, in S1 I don't get that issue I outlined in one of my previous posts where button states get borked. So looks like there's something Reaper-specific happening there?

EDIT EDIT: It happens in S1 as well. But only after first switching a preset. Good one to test is the Claps preset in FMR bank - try to add filter modulation by enabling the Sine button and Filter button then tweaking LFO rate and Freq Amt. It just doesn't work.
I did manage just now to get the square button to be off when it's on and on when it's off. So yeah, still some major weirdness with buttons. Seems like changing presets will help trigger the issues.

Yes. On VST3 it required a patch change to trigger the issue, on VST2 it happens as soon as you instantiate the plugin for me (as I explained previously).

Thanks for the reports.

We are aware of those issues and are working on a high priority fix right now.

Apologies about the inconveniences.

Cheers,
George.

Ah, so you can repro the case that I outlined here?

Kinda. Finally managed to reproduce it with some similar steps and record the video using Reaper and VST3 version.

Return to “Instruments”