Cannot log into my user account...

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some weeks ago I finally got a new computer and while I'm trying to get to install all bought and free VST and other programs again I went to the Big Tick Audio Website.

First thing I got was a warning that the website could be insecure. Nevertheless I went there and tried several times to get into my user account, but the system didn't respond at all.

What happened? Second lock-down because of corona? Or a temporary site-down? When will it work again? :help:

I hope the developer is still alive 'n kicking in these difficult times? And the Rhino, too?

I love Rhino because it's still one of the better synthesizers around and I want to use it on my new computer.

Perhaps someone could start a Rhino search in New York... :help:

Your thread reminded me I own a Rhino license so I tried logging in this morning but was not able to do so either.

I'm double screwed since I no longer have access to the email account I used to register Rhino many years ago.

Did Big Tick move from France to New York ? I don't remember. If so I hope he hasn't fallen victim to the virus as NY got hit pretty hard. In the current global climate no telling what could happen. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:37 pm Your thread reminded me I own a Rhino license so I tried logging in this morning but was not able to do so either.

I'm double screwed since I no longer have access to the email account I used to register Rhino many years ago.

Did Big Tick move from France to New York ? I don't remember. If so I hope he hasn't fallen victim to the virus as NY got hit pretty hard. In the current global climate no telling what could happen. :?
https://soundbytesmag.net/bigtickrhino/

Patrice Tarabbia is a New York City resident who came from France. After many years working in the IT industry as a software engineer, he decided to follow his passion for music and founded BigTick in 1999 to develop music software.

...and now for 2getheraudio, too...

If even (computer) servers get attacked by Corona, they should wear masks, too! :wink:

I was able to log in just now. I've downloaded Rhino, my Dat file, and the 3rd Party Banks file. DL speed is a bit sluggish but I guess that's to be expected.

Maybe you should try again today ?

EDIT: I just got a response from Big Tick to a support request I had sent yesterday and they reset my password and changed my email address. So it looks like at least someone is alive and well there.

If you still can't log in send a request. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes guys I'm still around, thank you for your concern. Still working on Rhino whenever I get a chance. Rhino3 is coming along... slowly.

NY got hit pretty bad back in March, yes. Now we're doing much better but the rest of the country, not so well.
Tricky-Loops wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:06 pm First thing I got was a warning that the website could be insecure.
No idea why. It is running with a genuine SSL certificate, there shouldn't be any such warnings.

I was curious to see if there was an update to Zen (it is a 32-bit app that will stop working on the newer macOS levels).

I'm not even able to get to the Big Tick site at all today (it's been awhile).

I get an HTTP error 503 with the message "lock Reason: POST received with blank user-agent and referer"

I thought it might be due to my VPN (I turned it off) or browser privacy settings (I tried Chrome with all options such as Safe Browsing and "Send do not track" turned off), as trying different browsers (Safari, Firefox and Brave; all are giving me the same issue.

It's working fine from here.

No chance to log in and then:

You have been temporarily locked out of this system. This means that you will not be able to log in for a while.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

When all problems are solved (again), please tell us, then I'll log in and download Rhino and the preset sets again. I nearly forgot about it because of so many things to do.

Have a good time without CoVid19! No stress but I think Rhino is worth to get a new version because it's one of the more capable synths out there!

The Zen Project is stopped because it was too ambitious?

Login works fine as far as I can see.
I have been doing some work on Rhino. But as I always say, it will be ready when it is ready :)

Zen was superseded by Akai VIP, which is basically Zen on steroids.

I reset the password and now i can log in.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Big Tick wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:40 am I have been doing some work on Rhino. But as I always say, it will be ready when it is ready :)
Seems like 2getheraudio plugins use C/R if I got this right, will that also be the case for the next Rhino version?

Fantastic synth, but that would be a dealbreaker :/

99% probability that it won't.

what is C/R?

Return to “Big Tick”