Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

It's been a whole year since this feature was first previewed and nothing still happened...

Maybe they decided to hold it back until we get Spire 2.0 ?

Hey guys, saw this on Splice and wasn't sure if this was an unreleased version of Spire and if the presets would work with 1.1.17 (which to my understanding is the latest version). Has Spire 2.0 been released?
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 3.25.36 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"FriendZone"

Looks like they jumped a couple of version numbers.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

paulm12 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 pm Hey guys, saw this on Splice and wasn't sure if this was an unreleased version of Spire and if the presets would work with 1.1.17 (which to my understanding is the latest version). Has Spire 2.0 been released?Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 3.25.36 PM.png
I doubt there's a Spire 2.2 if there wasn't even a Spire 2.0. I guess the version numbers rather relate to the presets instead of the version of the synth used.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Spire 1.5 has the new preset browser :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlbgTo2TMSk

Finally!!! Oh, damn! And I have a date today! :help:

phreaque wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 pm Spire 1.5 has the new preset browser :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlbgTo2TMSk
Thank you.
And thank you Reveal Sound.
rsp
sound sculptist

Alas. I have to be that guy.
On mac it seems to convert Spire 1.1 vst to a folder and creates a new plugin Spire 1.5.....
I had my concerns when they came out with Spire 1.1, now even more amplified.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Very nice update! Thanks for this long-awaited update. But this version has to be further optimised (same patch playing):

zvenx wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:13 pm Alas. I have to be that guy.
On mac it seems to convert Spire 1.1 vst to a folder and creates a new plugin Spire 1.5.....
I had my concerns when they came out with Spire 1.1, now even more amplified.
rsp
Not quite. A component or VST is always a folder on Mac. It's called a "package." The 1.5 installer deleted all the contents of that package/folder, but failed to delete the folder itself. You can just delete it manually. In any case, it won't show up anymore, because from the standpoint of your DAWs, the old component does not exist. Empty folders are ignored.
Last edited by teilo on Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dupe.

Hmmm.. Yeah what you say does make sense.

What I can say for sure.
On PC, it keeps both 1.1 and 1.5. (Although that is probably because PC installers are notorious for not uninstalling).

On Mac, if I install 1.5 it converts 1.1 to the folder/package.
If I reinstall 1.1 it coverts 1.5 to the folder/package.

The good news is that 1.5 opens Cubendo projects done with 1.1 (although I now see a strange folder called Old projects etc.

The issue though is that you may end up like Kontakt where you have tons of various versions installed and one day if your OS doesn't work with that version your old projects will be more cumbersome to open (of course that seems to be nullified here because 1.5 seems to open 1.1 projects)

rsp
sound sculptist

I was about to say that this new preset browser is worse than the old. But the problems all have to do with the old bank system. If you try to manage your presets in the old banks, nothing works correctly.

If you have a user bank, do yourself a favor and: Select all presets in the user bank. Click the Copy button under the preset list (not the one under the bank/folder list). Select a user folder. Click the paste button under the preset list. Test your presets to make sure they are working. Now delete the old bank.

Next, in the Preset window, click "Options" on the upper right. Enable "Confirm saving changes." I don't know what happens when you also select the "Save changes without confirmation" since those options should be contradictory. :shrug:

By moving presets out of a bank, saving will now work as expected. If you tweak a preset and navigate away from it, you will now be prompted to save changes.

Eliminating banks is a vast improvement. There are only two annoying things now. First, when you click Init, it creates a new preset called "Init" in the current folder. Dumb. Second, I wish there were a way to save the preset from the main page, perhaps by right-clicking the preset name. But even with those annoyances, Spire is finally a synth I will reach for again.

Two other things I have noted.
I don't think all the previous factory patches are there (which I think is why it created cubase project presets) (Edit: stand corrected, some have just been recategorized and since you have to go to the specific subfolder to search by name, I missed them)

And Search seems not to be able to search within subfolders.

That is suppose I am looking for a Bass called StreetAffair

I would have to go to the Bass subfolder and type Street for it to find it.
Search for Street in All patches yields no results.
I assume this is a work in progress.

Thanks for the hint about compacting Banks.... I reimported the old factory set (yes I know there will be some that are redundant, but it looks like a mess now :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”