Steinberg SpectraLayers 7 out now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:41 am ^^^
Unfortunately you can't change the parameters of the VST3 effects in mealtime.
Hmmm.
Since none of my VST3s actually work with it at the moment I can't test it but I'm pretty sure mealtime and jamtime are generally separated. :lol:

But seriously maybe they mean that they cannot be automated?

^^^
Funny!
Meant to say real-time.
Freudian slip, I was hungry. :lol:

So the release version of SL7 obviously suffers from many bugs just like version 6 did on its release. Why on earth didn't they learn from the former disaster and are just repeating it again? I'll be holding off from upgrading until I read something positive somewhere...

^^^
I jumped in because to the Samplitude PRo X5 Suite upgrade $199 sale which included SL7 and Sound Forge 13, Convology XT Complete and Corefx. Was afraid that the sale or the SL7 offer will expire. If it were not for that I would also be waiting for the dust to clear. SL7 update is due for release on 8-12-20 and hope it will fix some of the issues.

To some degree I did rush in for the potential SL7 has and hoped that under Steinberg things would be better. oh well.

Opened SL7 standalone and it messed up my Huion pen tablet. Pretty sure SL7 was to blame but not certain. I will wait for the update and try again.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:04 am So the release version of SL7 obviously suffers from many bugs just like version 6 did on its release. Why on earth didn't they learn from the former disaster and are just repeating it again? I'll be holding off from upgrading until I read something positive somewhere...
I wonder if the person that posts here is the only person working on it?

secretkillerofnames wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:30 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:04 am So the release version of SL7 obviously suffers from many bugs just like version 6 did on its release. Why on earth didn't they learn from the former disaster and are just repeating it again? I'll be holding off from upgrading until I read something positive somewhere...
I wonder if the person that posts here is the only person working on it?
if you go the spectralayers 7 forum, the developer is very responsive. give him enough details. a patch is coming wednessday. you can also PM him to report the bugs. if bugs aren't reported well, it is problematic to reproduce them.

EDIT:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=305

Anyone have this as a 'preorder' as part of a Samplitude X5 upgrade? Anyone got details of their serial number yet?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

secretkillerofnames wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:27 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:41 am ^^^
Unfortunately you can't change the parameters of the VST3 effects in mealtime.
Hmmm.
Since none of my VST3s actually work with it at the moment I can't test it but I'm pretty sure mealtime and jamtime are generally separated. :lol:

But seriously maybe they mean that they cannot be automated?
not if you have jam sandwiches for dinner :D

^^^
real-time jam sandwiches at meal-time!

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:37 am Anyone have this as a 'preorder' as part of a Samplitude X5 upgrade? Anyone got details of their serial number yet?
I got the Samplitude Pro X5 Suite upgrade.
I bought on the day of the SL7 release.
All ok.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:31 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:37 am Anyone have this as a 'preorder' as part of a Samplitude X5 upgrade? Anyone got details of their serial number yet?
I got the Samplitude Pro X5 Suite upgrade.
I bought on the day of the SL7 release.
All ok.
Cheers, but slightly different, I bought the Suite upgrade a few months ago...
Ive emailed magix, we'll see what they say....

The way I understand this is if you have SL6 then when you activate it in the elicencer you will get SL7.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:54 pm The way I understand this is if you have SL6 then when you activate it in the elicencer you will get SL7.
The purchase email said a serial number for SL7 would be sent out when it was released. Not heard 'owt though. :(

Ive heard back from Magix now. For anyone in the same boat, they say they'll be sending out serial numbers on the 17th.

I bought the Samplitude Pro X5 Suite upgrade from Thomann.
Magix sent me the serial numbers of CoreFX, Sounf Forge 13 and Sl6.
Now I am running SL7.
But it seem to me that my SL6 eLisencer activation number give me SL7.
Will I then get a SL7 serial number?
Will find out on the 17th.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”