Anacreon Synthesizer | Anacreon 2.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anacreon

pough wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:46 pm 1. Set oscillator gain. By default it is zero at 12 o'clock.
2. Route sound to main out.
Thanks for that. I thought I tried that previously. I just tried doing exactly what you did and it produces no sound in my version of Studio One.

@Frantz your report of the synth behavior in Studio One closely matches the report given to me by pough. I'm testing studio one out now. Will post here soon with results on my machine.

Erich.Pfister wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:07 am @Frantz your report of the synth behavior in Studio One closely matches the report given to me by pough. I'm testing studio one out now. Will post here soon with results on my machine.
Thanks!

@Frantz and pough - for some reason, everything appears to be working fine with my Studio One setup - here's version numbers for everything:
Anacreon 2.5.1 x64 (most updated demo download / most updated product download)
Studio One 4.5.2.53232 Win x64 (Built on Jul 9 2019)
Windows 7 x64 w/ WDM and ASIO4All (both worked)
Integrated Graphics

https://vimeo.com/444591742 <-- link to screencap of test, maybe worth a watch?

The presets that you provided seem to work in StudioOne. I am attaching a preset I made that is silent in StudioOne. It works fine in Waveform 11. It works in Fl Studio, but only after a few seconds.

There have also been crashes. I'm going to reboot and start fresh. I've noticed weird things can happen if I'm using my laptop after it has been asleep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough, the preset loaded up fine in StudioOne, but it wasn't silent - it was stereo square waves where left and right channels were inverted versions of the same oscillator? I tried using that preset in Ableton and it crashed. Very strange indeed! Could you let me know how you made this preset / what DAW you were in? Also, were you on version 2.5 or 2.5.1 when you made that patch, just curious! Looking forward to debugging why this preset crashes ableton but not studio one.

Forget it, I found it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Erich.Pfister wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 pm @Frantz and pough - for some reason, everything appears to be working fine with my Studio One setup - here's version numbers for everything:
Anacreon 2.5.1 x64 (most updated demo download / most updated product download)
Studio One 4.5.2.53232 Win x64 (Built on Jul 9 2019)
I am currently on Studio One 4.0.1.48247 Win x64 (Built on Jul 9 2018). So I am guessing that version has VST3 issues. I am reluctant to do any more upgrades on that old Win 7 PC as disk space is low. I just ordered a new Win 10 machine so I will likely try again once the new PC arrives in a month or so.

I did watch the screen capture which confirms I am using the synth properly. Thanks.

@Erich.Pfister remember when I told you that in order to truly idiot-proof a synth you need an idiot? :wink: I made the preset in StudioOne. Before I understood that the gains were negative or positive I was creating presets by turning a left output all the way to the left and right output all the way to the right. It seemed to make sense to me.

I haven't updated to 2.5.1 yet. I'll do that right now.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

@zerocrossing I think I missed something - what were you looking for that you found? The last post I see from you is "sounds good, I'll definitely pick this one up" or something along those lines. Please let me know if you're having any issues with the plugin and I'll be happy to help.

@Frantz Congrats on the new machine! That's always a big deal. I'm still working off of my old Phenom II quad core build from years ago, need to upgrade sooner or later as my PSU is starting to die. I'll bet that you're right about that build of Studio One having VST3 issues, I'll try to read through the changelog for Studio One to see if they addressed it sometime between 2018 and the current build. I'm glad you can confirm that you're using the synth properly - there are a few free lightweight VST hosts out there that might just help you test it out without eating up your remaining disk space. Let me know if that's something you're interested in and I can probably point you in the right direction.

@pough LOL - it was my fault for changing the dang FUID of the demo VST, I don't know what I was thinking! That would have broken any preset system that checked to see if preset's ID matched the VST's ID. At any rate - if you have the time, could you send me a similar Studio One preset made with version 2.5.1 of Anacreon? Again, I sincerely appreciate your help.

Erich.Pfister wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 am there are a few free lightweight VST hosts out there that might just help you test it out without eating up your remaining disk space. Let me know if that's something you're interested in and I can probably point you in the right direction.
Thanks but I think I'll just wait for the new PC. I have limited free time for stuff like this.

Anacreon 2.5.1 seems to work in StudioOne (v2.5) here.

I have attached a preset created in StudioOne using Anacreon 2.5.1. It should have the same settings as the previous one that didn't make any sound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@Frantz, understood - just in case you're heading out until then, thanks again for all your contributions to this thread / valuable insights regarding this plugin!

@pough, your preset loaded completely fine and didn't crash ableton even a little bit. That being said, you've also highlighted the fact that the limiter is still suffering from DC offset scaling issues - I'm working on it, I promise!

Erich.Pfister wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 am @zerocrossing I think I missed something - what were you looking for that you found? The last post I see from you is "sounds good, I'll definitely pick this one up" or something along those lines. Please let me know if you're having any issues with the plugin and I'll be happy to help.
Oh, I was looking for a download link and I didn’t see one. I’d ended up on some product page that only seemed to be able to buy it. Then later I saw my mistake. I’ll try to take it for a spin later today.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

@zerocrossing I see - I must have missed your original post, my apologies. I hope you enjoy the demo!

Return to “Instruments”