RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

gondii wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:04 pm It's supposed to be possible to drag and drop samples into the oscillators, right? Because it doesn't work for me...
Did you create a User Library? If not, open the oscillator browser. Bottom left LIBRARY > New...
ab_sourd wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm Am I right that it's not possible to test resynthesis function in demo?
It's possible. Create a User Library. Open the oscillator browser. Bottom left LIBRARY > New...
Last edited by parawave on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A question for Parawave and possibly Mirko. I am looking for a variety of cinematic/ballad pianos and also a variety of “bread and butter” EPs (Rhodes, DX, etc.). Which expansion would best serve my needs? I have the Cinematic expansion already.

Oh, someone already explained it better.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

parawave wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:55 pm It's supposed to be possible to drag and drop samples into the oscillators, right? Because it doesn't work for me...

Heh, I did, but didn't try the drag & drop feature after creating it. It works.

Very nice job on the synth. I was really planning on not buying it at this time, but changed my mind after some demoing.

gondii wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 pm Very nice job on the synth. I was really planning on not buying it at this time, but changed my mind after some demoing.
At the rate at which this synth is getting better with each release, one simply can't resist on sales. Learned that myself last year, and have used it in every project since then. Wellllll spent money.

dermage wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:47 pm At the rate at which this synth is getting better with each release, one simply can't resist on sales. Learned that myself last year, and have used it in every project since then. Wellllll spent money.

Yeah it's really, really good and it just sounds absolutely fantastic without even having to try.

Does someone have a link to the roadmap of planned features? Edit: Found it!

Thanks! Can you also share how resynthesis in Rapid works? Does it recreates the sample from sine waves just like Venus Theory suggested in his video? Or is it nothing like this?
Last edited by ab_sourd on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dp

Geiles Teil! I am so happy I got Rapid this synth is absolutely amazing. Very well done guys!!!

It just produces incredible sounds with minimal effort and with endless variety. I could just be loading Saws for the rest of my life and would be happy. Haven't even started making my way through most of the multi samples and wavetables. The oscillator effects are so musical, powerful and versatile. I just want to add tube saturation to everything now.

Even just simple things like the bass and treble knob on each oscillators can add so much variety. It's especially cool when using them to create movement on the oscillator used as a PM modulator. It's just so easy to make it sound really good and full. Really looking forward to the MSEGs, too.

Quick question: I can't seem to find a way to adjust the end point of a sample. It always plays until the end. What am I missing?

Also just a personal wish list so far:
- save and copy function for entire fx strip
- quantize mod function like in Hive2
- gate for sequencer / arp
- one shot mode for lfos
- custom lfo shapes
- no such thing as too many filters (but loving the LP variety)

gondii wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 pm Geiles Teil! I am so happy I got Rapid this synth is absolutely amazing. Very well done guys!!!
Quick question: I can't seem to find a way to adjust the end point of a sample. It always plays until the end. What am I missing?
Thanks!
Not sure what you mean by "always plays until the end." You want the samples to loop? In that case check "force loops" when importing samples. Or add custom loops to your wave files before importing.
gondii wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 pm Also just a personal wish list so far:
- save and copy function for entire fx strip
- quantize mod function like in Hive2
- gate for sequencer / arp
- one shot mode for lfos
- custom lfo shapes
- no such thing as too many filters (but loving the LP variety)
Most of the freeform stuff that gets requested will be solved by the MSEG implementation.
Save/Load of FX Strips is planned.

---

Any thoughts on the variety of samples in the new Granular Elements library? Haven't seen much sound examples here. Interested in what you guys create with granular synthesis.

Good to see there is a soundback sale on again (30% off) but I still cant see a way to eber my VAT number and I am being charged VAT I dint need to pay?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

When I get to payment the extension is still listed at list price, not at the advertised 30% off. Any advice so I can get the advertised discount?

parawave wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm Not sure what you mean by "always plays until the end." You want the samples to loop? In that case check "force loops" when importing samples. Or add custom loops to your wave files before importing.
What I meant is can I not simply switch between one shot and loop mode with a sample and then adjust loop start and end point? I thought that was pretty standard, like it's done with Phase Plant or Pigments for example.

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:08 am
PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:40 am A tune using Rapid 1.8.0 with some samples made from my hardware synths and the new granular synthesis:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ynthesizer

Are you creating a full XT? Would love to test it. Your stuff sounds really interesting. ;-)

Yup, its finally completed, tool a while, added a ton of sampled hardware synths.

You can hear it here.

PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:57 am you can hear it here
No, I can't :( The link doesn't work for me (403 error)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”