Anyone still use Metasynth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don’t bite on the ‘Catalina lot of work to update’ argument. I support lot of small independent developers, most of them have very few employees if they even have some and they mostly all updated their plugins and tools to Catalina by now, most of them free or for a minimal charge for their good old customers. I love Metasynth and Eric might have to put a lot of effort into updating it but nope, that is his own problem at this point if he didn’t maintain and he neglected his software for so many years. A small fee, sure I’m all in for the support. Re-buy again the whole product? No thank you sir, you can have fun with your updated burger.

I would love to see Metasynth become revolutionary all over again, where sounds flow and cascade through 3-D space, where instruments suddenly appear from other dimensions, and each listener travels on a unique musical journey at their own tempo in a reverberant ship.... :-o
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:00 am I don’t bite on the ‘Catalina lot of work to update’ argument. I support lot of small independent developers, most of them have very few employees if they even have some and they mostly all updated their plugins and tools to Catalina by now, most of them free or for a minimal charge for their good old customers. I love Metasynth and Eric might have to put a lot of effort into updating it but nope, that is his own problem at this point if he didn’t maintain and he neglected his software for so many years. A small fee, sure I’m all in for the support. Re-buy again the whole product? No thank you sir, you can have fun with your updated burger.
Yeah I can't see myself paying full whack again for it if I did decide to go Catalina (although at the moment that is also unlikely).

Michael L wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:39 am I would love to see Metasynth become revolutionary all over again, where sounds flow and cascade through 3-D space, where instruments suddenly appear from other dimensions, and each listener travels on a unique musical journey at their own tempo in a reverberant ship.... :-o
That's a very poetic and beautiful plan!

ArtMatic + MetaSynth = listeners sit inside a Convolution that is journeying through a multichannel sonified landscape, while being pursued by motifs from the woodwind section:
Reverberant ship in a sonified landscape.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

I'll upgrade/re-buy/whatever for sure, once I have a new Mac, even tho I already have the Carbon 6+Xx, and haven't seriously used either in a long while. There's many months that go by when I don't open way more than half the virtual music stuff I've bought over the years. I don't sell that, either, and update when I can. There's more to music software, in my world anyway, than utility or bookkeeping. I figure I owe EW as much for all I've gotten from his labors and vision since the Bryce days, as he owes me. Way more actually. He only got some quick cash from me that no doubt got spent as easily and forgettably as I spent it; I got YEARS of joy out of MS. And I expect to get some more; but no longer counting at this point. I'm far more bothered by all the great old stuff I've had that will never come back, thanks to bean-counters in charge and the endless brutal realities; thank you, Eric, for keeping both our dreams alive against all odds.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm...

Max For Live can do image synthesis as well, as I couple of nice experimental devices doing it.
I’d love to have links to any that you found great! TIA!

MetaSynth + Xx CTX 1.4 was just released with Universal 2 installers - runs native on Intel and Apple processors on OS X 10.12-10.14, and macOS 10.15 and later.

I used metasynth and XX many years, but there was no real developments and odd behaviour like plugin limitations er al. never got solved. Now I am gone, I also switched to PC using Windows 10 and linux Mint on my machines.
artie fichelle sounds natural

I used metasynth and XX many years, but there was no real developments and odd behaviour like plugin limitations er al. never got solved. Now I am gone, I also switched to PC using Windows 10 and linux Mint on my machines.
I can emulate a Mac, but it is not necessary any more.
artie fichelle sounds natural

New feature in CTX 1.4 enables live jamming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6IbmmqMN4I
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Spent part of the last year converting the Galbanum materials from MetaSynth 5 for CarbonOS to the current MetaSynth CTX 1.4 for AppKitOS (Catalina and Later). Have two subsets to go, a bit laborious process, but good to have them exist again.

I own Galbanium Architecture for Metasynth so will there be an upgrade available for that considering Galbanium are effectively no more?

Return to “Instruments”