Convincing Electric/Heavy guitar VSTi for composing realistic guitars?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking for a convincing electric/heavy guitar vsti that does rhythm guitar, stopped riffs, etc, but also power chords, 5ths etc. I am looking for a vsti that has the most realistic way to mimick the real guitars. Thanks!

Much of that depends on your playing technique and the effects you use.
I personally have settled on the Musiclab guitars run through either Axiom or Guitar Rig. But I do have a couple of other amp-sims I use from time to time.

BBFG# wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:41 pm Much of that depends on your playing technique and the effects you use.
I personally have settled on the Musiclab guitars run through either Axiom or Guitar Rig. But I do have a couple of other amp-sims I use from time to time.
Well I would like the vsti to deliver me convincing guitars already without a need to send it through anything. If it has some rhythm guitars, stopped riffs etc. I would appreciate it. It could be sample based too, as long as it has a wide range of possibilities to do as much as possible. I am aiming for the game-music market and this is something I'd like to have.

deep'n'dark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:49 pm
BBFG# wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:41 pm Much of that depends on your playing technique and the effects you use.
Well I would like the vsti to deliver me convincing guitars already without a need to send it through anything. If it has some rhythm guitars, stopped riffs etc. I would appreciate it. It could be sample based too, as long as it has a wide range of possibilities to do as much as possible. I am aiming for the game-music market and this is something I'd like to have.
Music Labs has all that as well as Vir2. But without running these guitars through good amps and FX, you're not going to get what you're looking for. In other words, listen to all the heavy metal or whatever that you want. Nobody is running those guitars through nothing. I mean have you ever listened to the sound a guitar makes through a clean amp with nothing else? It's pretty dull.

Sounds like you're looking for sample loops then. Maybe post a thread in the sampling forum then.

Or start here:
https://impactsoundworks.com/
Last edited by BBFG# on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 pm
deep'n'dark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:49 pm
Music Labs has all that as well as Vir2. But without running these guitars through good amps and FX, you're not going to get what you're looking for. In other words, listen to all the heavy metal or whatever that you want. Nobody is running those guitars through nothing. I mean have you ever listened to the sound a guitar makes through a clean amp with nothing else? It's pretty dull.
Ok. Music Labs then. I need to check it out. Thanks!

Orange Tree Samples is what you need. Either Evolution Rock Standard, Dracus or Strawberry Kontakt libraries will fit your needs.
Here is a track (link) that I drafted using Orange Tree Samples Evolution Rock Standard and its built in effects before I replaced it with real guitar.

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... tent=songs
Last edited by Mikelo on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unfortunately I've yet to find a truly convincing heavy guitar VST. Impact Soundworks' Shreddage stuff is pretty good though. Hydra I think in particular...

Return to “Instruments”