Question about Ableton Live

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. Recently I purchased Ableton Live 10 Suite and looks like it consist of Live 9 Standard + Live 10 Suite Upgrade. May I transfer each of these licenses individually in future or I have to transfer them all as bundle? And how can I see type of Live 9 Standard (is it NFR, educational or usual)? I don't see any info about it in my account.
I also have these packs:
- Tension
- Session Drums
- Sampler
- Orchestral Woodwinds
- Orchestral Strings
- Orchestral Percussion
- Orchestral Brass
- Operator
- Collision
- Max for Live
- Latin Percussion
- Electric
- Analog
- Amp
- Retro Synths
- Beat Tools, FREE NFR

Which of them are part of standard/suite bundle and which I can transfer separately?
Sorry if these questions sounds noobish, I'm new to Ableton :scared:
Thanks!

3qO wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm Hi all. Recently I purchased Ableton Live 10 Suite...
First, define what you mean by "bought" - was it 2nd hand? Because there's no way Ableton sells 10 as 9 + upgrade.

Second, where you want to "transfer" it? You need to have both 9 and upgrade in your account, otherwise you only have 9 or an update that you can't run (not sure if the latter is even possible, though).

Third, you can't "transfer" - as in sell to someone - any of those packs. They're connected to your Live license.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:14 pm
3qO wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm Hi all. Recently I purchased Ableton Live 10 Suite...
First, define what you mean by "bought" - was it 2nd hand? Because there's no way Ableton sells 10 as 9 + upgrade.

Second, where you want to "transfer" it? You need to have both 9 and upgrade in your account, otherwise you only have 9 or an update that you can't run (not sure if the latter is even possible, though).

Third, you can't "transfer" - as in sell to someone - any of those packs. They're connected to your Live license.
Yes, I forgot to mention, it's 2nd hand license. Thanks for your reply!

All those Packs are part of Suite and can't be transferred individually.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/#packs

AFAIK, upgrades can't be sold/transferred separately either.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”