Why Do You Create Music ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

because cthulhu desires it.
naturally :shrug:

SneakyBeats wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:53 pm
toonertik wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:02 pm Why do nails and hair keep growing... just when hair looks good, it grows... nails need cutting...

The growing part of the nail is under the skin at the nail's proximal end under the epidermis, which is the only living part of a nail. Then the part that died is pushed out. Same idea with hair.

toonertik wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:02 pm YET the important thing like teeth don't grow back... why?
Human doesn't have stem cells in their gums. BUT it's under investigation (along with other things/options) if it could be grown in a bowl and then planted in its place.

Was this helpful?
:lol: :lol:
Not really... doesn't answer the why weren't we made to deal with those issues.. and so the "why"s continue.. :P
I was being a bit frivle.. less

I could have used more serious "why"s..

instead.. I make

NOISE... and sometimes it becomes music :tu:

:wink:

pekbro wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:29 am I make music because I like to play with my toys, and music (or at least noise) is the result of playing
with a lot of them. It's the same with art and whatnot, photoshop, houdini, 3D Coat etc, are all just
toys for me, though pretty pictures come out of those rather than sound. If I have any ambitions at
all for any of it, it would be to be able to combine it all together in an effort to express some worthwhile
and meaningful idea with it. So far though, I've had nothing I have overly wanted to say.
We speak the same language. But you must understand that it's not at all about the intrinsic value of your output, it's about your output being unique.

The sole thing we owe to each other is telling what we think, and how we feel. By any means necessary.

ariston wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:37 pm Self expression is a human need. My favorite medium happens to be music.
Broken down psychologically -- girls and money aside, it's rather recognition people are striving for, no matter which occupation.

I'm upset about this Tom Hanks virus thing. Why, Tom? Why?

Why? That would imply Free Will, a concept no-one has ever proved yet.

I wouldn't call it music but what else is there to do? Could paint but seeing a good picture doesn't fascinate anywhere near as much as hearing a favourite song.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

eb23 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pm Why? That would imply Free Will, a concept no-one has ever proved yet.
I guess Dalai Lama at least tried it... :lol:

(Whilst Sogyal Rinpoche destroyed it...) :x

Because I can't
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Sometimes I ask myself that question... maybe I simply enjoy it.
Feel relaxed and sometimes serious when spending time making new sound (Enjoyable or Questionable things). :hihi:

Hey it could get you some girls along the way.
if you famous of course. :P
We come and goes anyway.

SneakyBeats wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 amI have no idea.. I have so little time to make music, and when I do I just stare at the screen for a moment and start playing something from Steam. My music has died.
Mine did the same for about 10 years, really. It took me 7 years to finish an album because I just couldn't find the interest to work on it. But eventually I go tit back and I think I am probably more into it today than I've ever been. Every night I sit down and eat dinner in front of the TV but I can't sit there for more than half-an-hour before I move across, sit in front of my laptop and start working on whatever piece I'm doing. And on the weekend nothing gets done because I spend all my time in front of the laptop. It is months since I've done any cleaning around the place. It's been that way for the last three years or so.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:49 am on the weekend nothing gets done because I spend all my time in front of the laptop. It is months since I've done any cleaning around the place. It's been that way for the last three years or so.
My wife would probably dump me if I did that :lol:
Though I'd have all the time in the world for my hobbies then..

eb23 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pm Why? That would imply Free Will, a concept no-one has ever proved yet.
Free Willie - also unproven, but I believe.

I was married 10 years and she left me mainly because of my music, but I understand her, I'm making music every day and she was also very jealously ... :D

Because music is a passion.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”