2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congrats! Redco makes really nice things.

justin3am wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:00 pm I really like my EHX Super Pulsar.
I'm so happy for you.
Especially cause I just ordered one :ud:

I just made 5 separate orders for battery powered clip-on LED lights (the dual type), at $3.49 each.
Combining orders would have added a shipping fee :nutter:
It's cheaper to have them shipped one by one, from China, than from any store I know.

A height adjustable shower stool, to use as a table to mouse on, while lying in the bed that is the heart of my studio.
Replaces a barrel-shaped scratching post for cats (was a little too high).
Will prolly often be used as a lousy percussion instrument.

cptgone wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm A height adjustable shower stool, to use as a table to mouse on, while lying in the bed that is the heart of my studio.
I love repurposing products to suit our needs! I can search endlessly with intended products that are just never the right dimensions. And lousy percussion instruments are often the best percussive instruments.

elxsound wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:58 pm
cptgone wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm A height adjustable shower stool, to use as a table to mouse on, while lying in the bed that is the heart of my studio.
I love repurposing products to suit our needs! I can search endlessly with intended products that are just never the right dimensions. And lousy percussion instruments are often the best percussive instruments.
My all time favourite is Martin Hannett used the sound of hairspray being sprayed as a snare sound on Joy Division’s She’s Lost Control.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

should have used insette, total control.

80s hairspray joke ftw!

It’s basically the sound of a hole being punched in the ozone layer

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Finally sold some stuff so I could afford these. They will replace both my DT 880's and 770's.

Just got my chorus pedal. I won't get a chance to play it until later, but hopefully it sounds just as good in my hands as it did by all those real guitarist demoing theirs. :?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm It’s basically the sound of a hole being punched in the ozone layer
I hear Chuck Norris once personally punched a hole in the ozone layer.

foosnark wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:20 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm It’s basically the sound of a hole being punched in the ozone layer
I hear Chuck Norris once personally punched a hole in the ozone layer.
he once punched a mountain so hard, we now have "the moon" :o

Bought some crazy cheap Pasadena [bass] guitar cases - I now finally have a case for each guitar, which I find reassuring (in case of an emergency, I can now pack and stack my stringed loved ones). Other cheap brands' cases weren't large enough for most of my guitars.

EDIT
Man do they smell of plastic (or glue?)... I put them outside until that clears.
Last edited by cptgone on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Benidub DS71 Dub Siren arrived.
Finally, a synth I can fathom ;)

I considered getting one of the Behringer desktop synths, but I found a nice deal on this little Mopho. I always did want a Sequential Circuits synth, ever since I first became a synth technician. The Prophet 5 was still a new product back then. And while it says "Dave Smith" on the front, that's a mere technicality. It's really a Sequential synthesizer. :)

I temporarily have the Mopho sitting atop my Chroma Polaris, which I'm still in the process of restoring to health. (That's why the slider knobs are missing in the photo.) I recently installed new membrane switch panels in the Polaris. It's so much nicer when the controls actually work! :hihi:

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”