XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in bitwig and ableton (bitwig studio 3.2.4 and ableton live 10.1.5 suite) it does not crash, but i get write protect errors.
also in reaper, now. on my laptop.
shall check tomorrow on my desktop, but i installed, analogy here first. it worked, but did i use it in cubase pro 10.5? to lazy to switch dongles now. or to lazy, tired. or reason 11? same errors in reason 11.3, and no GUI shows.
it worked. in cubase then?

windows 10 home, laptop. intel i7-9750H, 16gb, ssd. everything up to date.

in ableton try to play something despite the errors, it plays.

trying to write in program\files\vstplugins folder is never a good idea, i think.

or i can put the .dll somewhere else.

i hope this helps a bit.

great sounding modular (and i have voltage modular, softube modular, reaktor (+some great commercial packs)).

I have programmed my first patch (attached). An open hat.

-Already on the post above, but audio inputs from the DAW would rock.
-A noise source, a comb filter and a 24dB hipass module wouldn't harm.
-The knob resolution isn't enough or well scaled on some places, e.g.:
1) There are useful values that can't be set on the fast side of the ADSR, the resolution is too coarse between 0 to 2.
2) As above, I wanted to set the reverb mix to a much subtler level on the attached patch, but it was impossible, a value of 1 is too obvious for what I wanted.
-The 8x in 8x out patchbay contains 1 I/O block, the 4x in 4x out contains I/O 2 blocks, I was expecting the 2x in 2x out patchbay to contain 4 I/O blocks, or at least 3. As things are now there is no use case for the 2x in 2x out patchbay, the 4x4 is equivalent/better (maybe it's there for backwards patch compatibility?).

I guess that you have 7-bit knobs because you want 1:1 mapping to MIDI values.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rafa1981 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

kirsty roland wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:27 pm Hi rafa

The GUI is designed to do this on purpose.
Part of a module disappearing off the right side is like part of a module moving off the top or bottom when you scroll up and down.
Originally there was a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the screen.

I've got an interesting idea for navigating around the rack without using any scroll bars that I want to try out.

Kirsty :)
Yes, this was a non-issue, I just didn't RTFM.

Hi Kirsty.

I'm still taking an interest but I need time to clear my head. Things have been a bit intense.

Brian.

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm in bitwig and ableton (bitwig studio 3.2.4 and ableton live 10.1.5 suite) it does not crash, but i get write protect errors.
trying to write in program\files\vstplugins folder is never a good idea, i think.
So it works in Bitwig and Ableton 8)
Use the Install.exe to put Analogy in a folder with read/write access so it can save it's configuration.
I use C:/vst/plugins but anywhere without Windows UAC should do.
rafa1981 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm ...audio inputs from the DAW would rock.
That's a great suggestion. This morning I made an Audio Input Module.
I'm having great fun processing the output of Synth1 through Analogy's modules in Reaper v6.1.2. :hihi:
rafa1981 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm ...a noise source, a comb filter and a 24dB hipass module wouldn't harm.
-The knob resolution isn't enough or well scaled on some places, e.g.:
1) There are useful values that can't be set on the fast side of the ADSR, the resolution is too coarse between 0 to 2.
2) As above, I wanted to set the reverb mix to a much subtler level on the attached patch, but it was impossible, a value of 1 is too obvious for what I wanted.
-The 8x in 8x out patchbay contains 1 I/O block, the 4x in 4x out contains I/O 2 blocks, I was expecting the 2x in 2x out patchbay to contain 4 I/O blocks, or at least 3. As things are now there is no use case for the 2x in 2x out patchbay, the 4x4 is equivalent/better (maybe it's there for backwards patch compatibility?).

I guess that you have 7-bit knobs because you want 1:1 mapping to MIDI values.
- Noise source is available via Waveform->Random/Noise Module M110
- Comb filter is on my TODO list. I've been reading up on Lagrange Interpolation.
- 24dB Hipass. Can do, but maybe try two 12dB's in serial? Also, I want to model the Korg MS20 HighPass when I get the time.
- I agree the knob resolution could be improved.
- Patchbay 2i2o is left over from an early development version and will probably be depreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. it all helps me to improve Analogy.

kirsty roland wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:29 pm
WasteLand wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm in bitwig and ableton (bitwig studio 3.2.4 and ableton live 10.1.5 suite) it does not crash, but i get write protect errors.
So it works in Bitwig and Ableton 8)
Use the Install.exe to put Analogy in a folder with read/write access so it can save it's configuration.
I use C:/vst/plugins but anywhere without Windows UAC should do.
on my desktop no problems. but it is self built system, and totally tweaked, or totally.
my laptop, i didn't tweaked that much. if i don't know the inner workings of programs, for a laptop, i want to understand it. but no problems on my laptop, normally.
but strange that error occurs on my laptop, it will be a setting, not made by me.

but on my desktop in bitwig, shall test also ableton. reaper and cubase already fine, and maschine and reason (i think). it works, without access errors.

perhaps i must format my laptop some time... i am a nerd, but less and less i want to tweak, i want to work..

desktop windows 10 pro (laptop 10 home), 2004, fully updated.
it must be that HP did something, but that would be strange.

confirmed: works on my desktop with bitwig studio 3.2.4 and ableton live 10.1.5 suite.
laptop, i shall check the directory settings. they must be the same, why would the laptop manufacturer change that? or is it home version? i will investigate.

yes, also thought, install it somewhere else. i have already on both systems a ableton folder, one deeper than root.. c:\ableton for the shortcuts to the different locations of my vst plugins.
mmmh, that means trouble, recursive trouble perhaps, if i use that for other daw's...

Duplicated
Last edited by rafa1981 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This guy makes MIT/BSD licensed JSFX plugins that rock, I saw that he had pretty good sounding K35 filters on the Filther plugin (but CPU hungry, as they are JSFX).

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX

I'm not opening the computer today, as the family needs attention, but maybe you find a shortcut there (I guess that if you took some code it would be good etiquette to credit) unless you enjoy also the process of learning the DSP (I never had the patience for learning the math).

EDIT:https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX/blo ... jsfx#L2517

EDIT2: You can install this plugin by using ReaPack on Reaper.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Reaper/comment ... s_plugins/

The there is a staggering amount of algorithms for you to play there (and as it's a JSFX they can be tweaked): CEM filters, Comb filters, WAH filters, just to name a few.

Updated to v0.990

New stuff...
- Altered rack navigation. Removed right side scrollbar. Now has 2D scrolling.
- Left click and drag on an empty part of the GUI to move the entire rack around the virtual window.
- All installed rack sizes are now the same for every end user. You simply see a window over the rack.
- Added future ability to import 3rd party plugin modules.
- Modified some of the existing presets.
- Added some more new presets.
- Various code improvements.
- Dropped the use of the Config.txt file. Analogy now stores everything it needs in only one file.

Free download as usual from:-
http://xsrdo.blogspot.com/

:party: :party: :party: :hug: :hug: :hug: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Here's an external plugin module that I should have included in the installer :dog:

M102 Audio Input. Copy it to the XSRDO_Analogy/Plugin folder.
Use it to process the output of other synth's in your host through Analogy's modules.
M102_Audio_Input.jpg
M102_Audio_Input.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trying ASAP

It seems that you forgot either to add one file or to delete its reference in some config/code. See attachment.

:hug: Thanks Kirsty. I'll give this a good test tomorrow. :wheee:

I get an error message saying the graphics will not display because - and then a huge list of files that are missing, then it crashes. It does this both in Cakewalk and VST Host. Also, the smallest size is now too big for my monitor. :(

Return to “Modular Synthesis”