Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

JoshA245 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 am
thermal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm Have they fixed the incompatibility with control surfaces yet? Neutron 2 gets very little use over here because it maps really badly to midi CCs. Several users including myself have complained about it, and they acknowledge the problem but it seems they don't care...unless it works now?
Hi. Do you know if there has been any progress on this. Im currently trying to map an X-Touch Mini controller to Neutron 3 and experiencing two strange issues;

Once mapped to Logics Smart Controls, Neutrons EQ nodes skip a bunch a frequencies whilst moving up and down the spectrum. 20Hz to 99Hz to 179Hz, etc. Frequencies get incrementally more closely grouped the higher up the spectrum you get.

When trying to map an X-Touch knob directly to a Neutron EQ node frequency parameter (without Smart Controls);
when I move the node it says “EQ B1 Frequency” in the Assignment Window. But as soon as I let go of the node the title of the assignment changes to "Global Dirty Flag”. When I try and subsequently touch my Controller knob after moving the EQ node, the controller knob lists accurately in Logics Controller Assignment window but its not moving the node when I turn it.

Is the verdict still out on this issue?
Same problems as I had with Neutron 2. So the verdict seems to be that iZotope still don't care about control surface users. I find it crazy that iZotope plugins are the only ones I have control surface issues with. It's a crack in the facade of an otherwise class act imo.

I wonder when Neutron 4 will be released. Izotope seems to always drop a new version when I'm about to buy the current one.

manyoungpoor wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:59 pm I wonder when Neutron 4 will be released. Izotope seems to always drop a new version when I'm about to buy the current one.
The deal for the Tonal Balance is so good at the moment I imagine the update is soon. For that reason I am not going to pull the trigger.

Neutron 3 came out June 2019, just a little over 13 months ago. That said, before that Neutron 2 came out in October 2017, so roughly 20 months before that. The original Neutron 1 was released October 2016, so about 12 months before that.

So by that logic, it looks like - assuming there is a Neutron 4 - it could be released anytime between now and February 2021? :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I don't know. I don't use Neutron often (I have Neutron 3 Advanced) but when I need it, I really need it. Also, it's currently my default channel strip when I am working in Pro Tools, which isn't often. I actually wonder how I lived without it in Pro Tools before, tbh.

But ya, the limiter is only alright. I prefer the Fab Filter one, from what little time I've used it.

I use ozone 8 standard for Mastering my tracks. It's an amazing product by izotope. Although is lags a little bit while loading but mostly it works smoothly in my Ableton Live 10 intro. But I recently got free Neutron 3 elements from plugin boutique. I found it very slow. It stucks in real-time very annoying. Neutron 3 is high quality stuff I really like it but this lag issue I hope is solved I have emailed to izotope regarding this issue.

EnochLight wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:23 am Neutron 3 came out June 2019, just a little over 13 months ago. That said, before that Neutron 2 came out in October 2017, so roughly 20 months before that. The original Neutron 1 was released October 2016, so about 12 months before that.

So by that logic, it looks like - assuming there is a Neutron 4 - it could be released anytime between now and February 2021? :lol:
Although you might want to factor in a few months delay due to COVID throwing everyone a curveball that took time to adapt to. Maybe.

simon.a.billington wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:03 am
EnochLight wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:23 am Neutron 3 came out June 2019, just a little over 13 months ago. That said, before that Neutron 2 came out in October 2017, so roughly 20 months before that. The original Neutron 1 was released October 2016, so about 12 months before that.

Although you might want to factor in a few months delay due to COVID throwing everyone a curveball that took time to adapt to. Maybe.
Oh totally - the pandemic shut down has affected literally every business in the country. I don't think iZotope was excluded.

And before anyone claims their devs all could have worked from home, trust me - it's not as easy as it sounds. :lol: :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:55 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:03 am

Oh totally - the pandemic shut down has affected literally every business in the country. I don't think iZotope was excluded.

And before anyone claims their devs all could have worked from home, trust me - it's not as easy as it sounds. :lol: :party:
Yeah it's certainly possible, but you need the infrastructure to do it. That can take weeks or months to setup, test and debug before you can start doing more critical things like working on the same project without messing up something integral.

if V4 does come soon i hope the GUI is improved. In some ways V3 was a step back from V2 in terms of GUI. a mixed bag imo. not a deal breaker and I use it on every track but the fidgety make up gain sliders in the compressor and less visual feedback over all are annoying sometimes.

dayjob wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:50 am if V4 does come soon i hope the GUI is improved. In some ways V3 was a step back from V2 in terms of GUI. a mixed bag imo. not a deal breaker and I use it on every track but the fidgety make up gain sliders in the compressor and less visual feedback over all are annoying sometimes.
Yeah I’m not really sure about these “floating controls”. Personally I prefer something fixed at the bottom. I like to click drag on the controls more often than I like to moved nodes on a visual display, it’s much easier and accurate to hone in on a frequency and cut/boost it without changing the frequency.

I also wish there were one spot to setup Mix Assistant, for all instances of the plugin. As it is you have to go from one to the other and laboriously set each one up individually. A single interface, like Visual Mixer would streamline that workflow immensely.

Personally I don’t use it a lot, but I’d like to be able to exploit it as like a “second opinion”. Engage Mix Assistant across all the tracks, then go through one by one, listen, make changes and compare it with original. Being able to do this fast is pretty instrumental.

Yes I'm facing the same problem with my Neutron 3 elements. It slow. All my plugin s including plugin alliance waves even ozone works fine on my Ableton live 10 intro. Maybe Neutron has some sort of issue with ableton.

nabeelakbar1983 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:17 am Yes I'm facing the same problem with my Neutron 3 elements. It slow. All my plugin s including plugin alliance waves even ozone works fine on my Ableton live 10 intro. Maybe Neutron has some sort of issue with ableton.
Neutron 4 doesn't. You'll need to upgrade.

Return to “Effects”