FBM Fury 800

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fury-800

Full Bucket wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:27 am I'm already working on a new version that is even cheaper (i.e. closer to the original).

Cheers, Björn
This is the best response ever.

You have my utmost respect Björn

Andywanders wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:50 pm
Full Bucket wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:27 am I'm already working on a new version that is even cheaper (i.e. closer to the original).

Cheers, Björn

Haha for true '80s cheap synth cheapness, how about modeling a crappy Peavey bass combo amp to run these vintage beauties through? Back then, no one I knew with a synth had a full-range PA, they usually chose bass amps which could handle the low end but of course had no treble to speak of.

Same here... :hihi:

Winstontaneous wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 pm
Andywanders wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Cheers, Björn

Haha for true '80s cheap synth cheapness, how about modeling a crappy Peavey bass combo amp to run these vintage beauties through? Back then, no one I knew with a synth had a full-range PA, they usually chose bass amps which could handle the low end but of course had no treble to speak of.
I used to use my Poly 800 through my little Peavey Backstage Plus, lol. :hihi:

Oddly, with all this talk of Cairo, I was reminded that my first teenage band, based around the Poly 800, was pretentiously called Cairo Rain. If that isn't some synchronicity or summat I don't know what is.

Cheers, Björn
Best answer for the ignorant! :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I love the sound of this synth. Really captures the vibe of 80s DCO synths. Up there with my favourite vst synths (paid or free). Easily one of my favourites in the FBM synths!

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:16 pm

Cheers, Björn
Good to know...

[SNIP]

I think I still have some old cassettes with the sounds I made decades ago. Is there a way to read them in?
The Fury-800 won't read the cassette data directly, but there's a relatively inexpensive mod (around $30) that will allow you to save what you've loaded from the cassette as SYSEX data. The Fury-800 could then read that SYSEX data.

Of course, that's only for the original Poly-800 Mk I. The Poly-800 Mk II and the EX-800 can import and export SYSEX data.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Only useful if you have the hardware...

Wait for the next version...

The Poly 800s goes for cheap at ebay. Tempting :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Owners of original Poly 800: Do you have suggestions for ITB post-processing of Fury 800 to match it to the original, or is it unnecessary?

@Björn - I see you're pretty invested in these machines. I know a guy who sells a DW-6000 for around 200EURs, sent you the link on PM.

davidka wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:10 am Owners of original Poly 800: Do you have suggestions for ITB post-processing of Fury 800 to match it to the original, or is it unnecessary?

@Björn - I see you're pretty invested in these machines. I know a guy who sells a DW-6000 for around 200EURs, sent you the link on PM.
In the latest version, Björn has pretty much nailed the cutoff and frequency response/range. He's also added a couple more options and tweaks since not all Poly-800 Mk I (or Mk II) synths sound the same. So if you want to add anything to get closer to the sound of the original, honestly, all you'd need to add is a bit of amp noise. The oscillators, resonance, envelopes and filter in the Fury-800 will get you very close to those of the Poly-800, but the Fury doesn't have the Poly's cheap (and rather weak) amplifiers.

I've compared the latest version of Fury-800 to some of my custom presets and a couple of factory presets. The Fury is neck-and-neck with the ones I've compared, enough so that I wouldn't hesitate to use it instead of my Poly. (And that's just as well, considering my Poly has seen better days.) I've even used my Poly for a pad in half of a song, and the Fury for the pad in the second half of the song. In the mix, you can't tell there's a different synth playing the part. Isolated, it's still rather difficult to tell. This may not be the same with every preset, but it's worked out pretty well so far.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 am The Poly 800s goes for cheap at ebay. Tempting :)
Cheaper than the nothing Björn charges for the Fury-800? :wink:

Steve

I have to add that Steve is one of the most helpful guys I have learned to know! He provided a lot of Poly-800 samples and tests the release candidate of the to-be-released next Fury-800 version. :-)

Return to “Instruments”