FBM Fury 800

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fury-800

Full Bucket wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 am I have to add that Steve is one of the most helpful guys I have learned to know! He provided a lot of Poly-800 samples and tests the release candidate of the to-be-released next Fury-800 version. :-)
Digging around in the Poly's filter and envelopes has been a fun and interesting learning experience. Thank you for the opportunity!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hey, this sounds pretty darn great, Björn!

Suggestion - might not be a bad idea to include a couple more tweaks that were possible on the hardware as well:

Moog Slayer modification
12/24 dB switch for the filter
Audio input (to process through the filter and chorus)
Filter FM modification

planetearth wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:16 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 am The Poly 800s goes for cheap at ebay. Tempting :)
Cheaper than the nothing Björn charges for the Fury-800? :wink:

Steve
No but some folks talked about sysex here and i suppose you need a Poly800 for that? I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like that. :shrug:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:38 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 am The Poly 800s goes for cheap at ebay. Tempting :)

Steve
No but some folks talked about sysex here and i suppose you need a Poly800 for that? I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like that. :shrug:
If you want to export presets from a Poly- or EX-800 to import into the Fury, then yes, one of the hardware synths would help. But it would have to be a Poly-800 Mk II or EX-800; the original Poly-800 (Mk I) couldn’t import or export SYSEX, unless you get a $30 mod for it.

But with the renewed interest in the synth I’m seeing here, on Gearslutz, and in Facebook groups, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few SYSEX file-sharing groups/sites pop up, where some people might even export patches they’ve had on cassettes for 35 years (like me!) as SYSEX files for others to import into Fury. (Some have already done this in one of the Facebook groups.)

Maintaining an old synth isn’t always easy (or fun), so if you can get the sounds without the expense and trouble of the real synth, a faithful plug-in seems the way to go — especially if you’re not sure how to read a schematic or you haven’t soldered in years (which is probably many of us).

I think you’ll be happy starting out with the Fury-800. And if you decide you want to get a real Poly- or EX-800 so that you can load sounds from tapes, they’ll still be available when you’re ready. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:14 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:38 am

Steve
If you want to export presets from a Poly- or EX-800 to import into the Fury, then yes, one of the hardware synths would help. But it would have to be a Poly-800 Mk II or EX-800; the original Poly-800 (Mk I) couldn’t import or export SYSEX, unless you get a $30 mod for it.

But with the renewed interest in the synth I’m seeing here, on Gearslutz, and in Facebook groups, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few SYSEX file-sharing groups/sites pop up, where some people might even export patches they’ve had on cassettes for 35 years (like me!) as SYSEX files for others to import into Fury. (Some have already done this in one of the Facebook groups.)

Maintaining an old synth isn’t always easy (or fun), so if you can get the sounds without the expense and trouble of the real synth, a faithful plug-in seems the way to go — especially if you’re not sure how to read a schematic or you haven’t soldered in years (which is probably many of us).

I think you’ll be happy starting out with the Fury-800. And if you decide you want to get a real Poly- or EX-800 so that you can load sounds from tapes, they’ll still be available when you’re ready. :wink:

Steve
Ah i see. I'm more than fine with Fury-800 :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:19 am Hey, this sounds pretty darn great, Björn!

Suggestion - might not be a bad idea to include a couple more tweaks that were possible on the hardware as well:

Moog Slayer modification
12/24 dB switch for the filter
Audio input (to process through the filter and chorus)
Filter FM modification
Those sound like they would be incredible icing on an already incredible cake.

Waiting for an osc to really get into this wonderful synth.

Fury-800 version 2.0.0 is released.

Cheers, Björn

Thank you Björn :love:

hey bjorn, i just tried it in my XP Daw, works great, thanks for porting it
to work under WINXP alongside WIN10. ALL HAIL BJORN! :hail:

now if nils could do the same with K1 :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yeah, I "back-ported" the iPlug2 version to iPlug. Hope this helps some Mac guys, too! :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

Man you are the best Björn :tu:

Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thanks!

Full Bucket wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:50 pm Fury-800 version 2.0.0 is released.

Cheers, Björn
I wonder how come if I switch god mode on, the sound is completely different? I would expect a similar sound as if I'd play mono in non-god mode the only difference should be a filter & envelope per voice, but basically the same filter & envelope with the same settings. Or does that switch resets the settings, or is it stored seperate so that I could have different sounds on the same preset number?

Also it seems that sound tweaks of a preset survive on that preset number until I reload the synth. Could be handy for comparisons, but is different than on any other synth I know of...

P.S. playing a bit more it seems the filter with its envelope in god mode is bypassed completely. I am on a Mac Pro Mojave btw...
P.P.S. its not bypassed, but the envelope values are completely off. Not in the UI, but in their effect. At the low end extremely zippy and to close the filter to the same amount I need to lower the value significantly. Tested with preset 1.4...
Sounds like a float/integer or lin/log bug or both...

Confirmed, there's a bug in the God Mode: VCF EG Intensity is too high (non-God Mode works OK).
I'll fix that ASAP.

Cheers, Björn

Return to “Instruments”