Several Sonokinetic libraries no longer available?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that Delphi, Yemenite, and other libraries in the "Heritage" series (particularly ancient or Non-Western vocals) are no longer available on Sonokinetic's website. Any idea what happened? Did they sell them to a different distributor?...

in my account its now showing Guzin...sultan strings...Shahrazad...Qanan...Delphi...Gediz… Vivace...and Yeminite as legacy libraries...which means they've discontinued them...they've done this a few times before...you can longer purchase them but if you bought them you can still download them... I still have voices of Isreal...H.I.P.P...Tigris and Euphrates...Aliye...Rojin and FE in my account

Wow that's seriously dissapointing. I skipped getting Delphi on the last sale to get some other things from them thinking I could get it on black friday again. Same with Guzin. Oh well..
Is there any other greek phrase libraries like delphi out there?

timbit2006 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 pm Wow that's seriously dissapointing. I skipped getting Delphi on the last sale to get some other things from them thinking I could get it on black friday again. Same with Guzin. Oh well..
Is there any other greek phrase libraries like delphi out there?
If it's any consolation Delphi uses modern Greek pronunciations for consonants and vowels. For example there's overwhelming evidence that the ancient theta was pronounced as an aspirated hard t and phi was an aspirated hard p, but they are pronounced as the modern Greek soft "th" and "ph". Historical vowel shifts are also iirc well-documented, though since vowels are more continuous the precise sound is more difficult to reconstruct---however we do know that upsilon was more of an "ooh" sound, not "ee" as in modern Greek. So the poetry's consonance and assonance get significantly distorted and lost. But the melodies seem like good reconstructions and the soft "th" / "ph" is smoother, which some might prefer over the percussiveness of the probable original.

I also really like the (non-vocal) instruments in Delphi. Shame they discontinued it.

Why do they do that? If it's the Kontakt Player licensing fee, couldn't they continue selling them as non-Player Kontakt instruments or non-Kontakt sample sets---are they afraid they'll be pirated? I'd assume it's not that they don't want the sounds to become stale/overused, unless someone else bought them for a film or something and wanted to make it harder for other people to use them?...

But I am bummed about missing out on Yemenite and Voices of Israel. Sonokinetic does have a "Wish list" feature, perhaps they'd be less likely to discontinue products that people have on their wish list?... I can't remember whether I added them to mine.

timbit2006 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 pm Is there any other greek phrase libraries like delphi out there?
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone found anything to replace delphi as I am in need of a greek phrase library and cant seem to find anything anywhere.

siggy0002 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm
timbit2006 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 pm Is there any other greek phrase libraries like delphi out there?
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone found anything to replace delphi as I am in need of a greek phrase library and cant seem to find anything anywhere.
If you just want Greek, Splice does have Gio Israel's "Greek Essentials Vol 1."---however, unlike Delphi (or Soundiron's ancient Greek instruments series---really hope they do vocals in the future, with the ancient melodies and meters and the reconstructed pronunciation!), it doesn't include pre-Byzantine ancient era Greek: "The Essentials series by Gio Israel is designed to elevate traditional music of the ancient world . . . The roots of [modern] Greek music dates back to the Byzantine period, where each region of Greece had its own unique style of playing, song style, and even specific musical instruments."

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:41 pm
siggy0002 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm
If you just want Greek, Splice does have Gio Israel's "Greek Essentials Vol 1.
Thank you this is a great start but I was looking for more phrases and less music. Would you happen to know anymore libraries at all?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”