f. 'em - a new FM synth from Tracktion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
chipsynth OPS7 F.'em FM8

felis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:52 pm Early April Fools joke?
It was presented at NAMM, so it's real, I guess :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:54 pm
felis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:52 pm Early April Fools joke?
It was presented at NAMM, so it's real, I guess :shrug:
Perhaps fake news ?
However: f. 'em!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Really looks tasty AF. 11 operators is probably overkill, but f'em.

then my plugin name will be : f'em all!

DrEntropy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:16 pm Really looks tasty AF. 11 operators is probably overkill, but f'em.
F' EM - For when 10 Operators just isin't enough.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Damn, why not go full Ice Cube and name your synth F. All Y'all?! :D

No news on this one yet?

should be called F. Me, because nobody needs another FM synth
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Are any of the synths by Tracktion really competitive to other synths on the market? I tried Collective and was severely underwhelmed. Also from what I can tell, the other synths they offer are super niche items with crazy interfaces. I'm just wondering if this is something worth getting excited over given their track record...

Wavrazor is a cool concept, but it got mixed reviews when it was part of the One Synth Challenge. Some do like it.

I have Biotek 2, but I don't use it much. There are some interesting things with its XY control (other synths have this) and about how to modulate with it (but it is unique, and I forget how it works because I don't use it often, so that makes for frustration when I do go to it). I wish for more granular controls with it. Still, nice sounds can be made with it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

rlared wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:24 am Are any of the synths by Tracktion really competitive to other synths on the market? I tried Collective and was severely underwhelmed. Also from what I can tell, the other synths they offer are super niche items with crazy interfaces. I'm just wondering if this is something worth getting excited over given their track record...
Well Biotek and F ém are coded by former waldorf engineer Wolram Franke (blofeld etc..) , iow he is a vetaran coder that knows his dsp chops .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Biotek is really good.its becoming one of my staples.makes some sense that there is some pedigree DSP developer behind it as it definitely sounds pedigree
I

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:50 am Well Biotek and F ém are coded by former waldorf engineer Wolram Franke (blofeld etc..) , iow he is a vetaran coder that knows his dsp chops .
Can't wait any longer for this..F'em! All the specs are not important if the tone is not there. Wish it's going to be a true successor of the SY99 and not a sharp - modern FM sounding like most of the newer releases. More of an elegant - classic sounding with the depth of a flagship Vintage FM synth. Largo is certainly one of my favorite synth, but it's on the crisper side compared to the old Waldorf. I remember listening to the music of Wolfram and Jorg Huttner over and over again, a very strong influence to me. Ah..those good old Waldorf Projects and Zeitlos, hopefully I'm lucky enough to ever experience something as amazing as that ever again. More than 20 years ago, the Wizards from the castle of Ahrental touched the very deep of my soul, too advanced back then..shocking, still amazing even until today. Just can't find the same sensation again. Hopefully they will bring back the soul and magic of the old Waldorf.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Zeitlos , wasn't t that a waldorf attack demo song ?
I was pretty much blown away when attack vsti was released back in early 2000, instantly sold my electribe r
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”