Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

So far is every user expieriencing very increased CPU usage?

the.new.me wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:19 am So far is every user expieriencing very increased CPU usage?
Yes.

So, I know it is step 1 and I appreciate the preset browser.

But I would like at some stage for them to allow Favouriting to be enabled either click somewhere near the patch (maybe to the left where the red bullet point appears) and/or right clicking.... it is imho not good UI/UX to have to keep selecting a patch and moving the mouse to the top to favourite that patch and then moving back down (the keyboard navigation arrow stops functioning after you just clicked Make Favourite)

rsp
sound sculptist

+1 yes
And remove the [Delete] buttons, they literally delete the preset(s)!
Also would be great to have a " Right Click => Open Preset Folder "

I am with you in the right click open preset folder, but once the Delete is basically asking you are you sure/reconfirming (which in my trial of a folder it just did), I actually like it.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:52 pm So, I know it is step 1 and I appreciate the preset browser.
But I would like at some stage for them to allow Favouriting to be enabled either click somewhere near the patch......
I've always wondered about the concept of "Favorites". Do people use the same patch over and over in different projects ?

I do have favorites I like to use when just playing not composing but I do try to use different patches in each project although I admit to fighting off the urge to reach for one I really like in more than one project.

So I guess the question is how important is it for everybody to have the ability to mark "Favorites" in a Browser ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I go thru all banks and favourite them (still haven't finished that process with omnisphere 10+ years later). It is usually one of the first thing I do when I get a new synth or a new sound bank.

So when I am working on a project, which is almost always under an unrealistic deadline, and I open a synth cause I think this synth may work best for the track I am working on (track not the project), I would first try out my favourited patches (in whatever category I need the sound from) that is I don't have to go over 800+ patches every new project, but if I have say 120 favourited patches, I would try those first. Makes working so much quicker for me.

My favouriting process is simple. I play something and it either had to sound great or sound unusual but inspire me to write even a riff, those get favourited.
rsp
sound sculptist

Do you then delete the patches you don't favorite ?

I've lost track of the number of times I've been looking for a particular sound to add to a project then while poking through my own patches or those done by others I've discovered a sound that was completely off of what I was looking for but fit perfectly.

Those happy accidents have yielded many satisfying results. So a patch that might not have been a favorite to start with became a favorite for that particular project.

So in your opinion any Browser should have some form of Favorite system ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Why did you release Beta version? What's the rush?
CPU needs optimization, and SBF banks must be converted into Folders with SPF or SPF2 files.
I don't want a "workaround" or "special software" offered by one user here - the plugin needs to do this properly.
Also, search must work for all presets, not only the selected folder.

We waited for years, we can wait a couple of more months for Final version.

Take your time, it looks very good.

I will wait on this update until they fix things.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

We are already working to fix the high CPU consumption issue for Windows users.
An updated version will be released soon.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:42 pm Do you then delete the patches you don't favorite ?

I've lost track of the number of times I've been looking for a particular sound to add to a project then while poking through my own patches or those done by others I've discovered a sound that was completely off of what I was looking for but fit perfectly.

Those happy accidents have yielded many satisfying results. So a patch that might not have been a favorite to start with became a favorite for that particular project.

So in your opinion any Browser should have some form of Favorite system ?
No I never delete patches or should I say rarely. Yes for me every software synth should have an easy way to favourite patches.
Indeed sometimes I try an unfavourite patch, it works and gets favourited for the next time.
sound sculptist

vega555 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:43 pm We are already working to fix the high CPU consumption issue for Windows users.
It is only happening on pc? I have no easy way to check it on mac, but it seems universal to me as I go about favouriting on mac.
sound sculptist

vega555 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:43 pm We are already working to fix the high CPU consumption issue for Windows users.
Great!
As for SBF conversion, I understand that GUI requires short folder names, but the converted folders must have the same name as SBF files.
Right now, Preset manager seems to create shortcuts to patches within SBF files (these are the blue patches).
I'm actually OK with that, however, when I save and reopen the project, I cannot see from which bank is the preset I used (modified or not, it's the same). GUI opens in default view instead of pointing to the preset. I would also like Right click - open preset folder, or Go to preset folder button.

And of course, search is useless the way it works now. It needs to search all presets at once.

"I cannot see from which bank is the preset I used (modified or not, it's the same). GUI opens in default view instead of pointing to the preset."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whfr9v1ac4auh ... 6.mov?dl=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”