pleasant surprise with cubase 5.2 vst

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

alabamian wrote:
and in yet more brilliant Steinbergian wisdom, they removed the ability to create more than one set of stereo ReWire tracks (an almost hidden, secret, and for sure flaky, trick in SX 3) in SX 4, and as I use Reason quite a bit, well, feh.

jeeeez this company's products progression NEVER fails to amaze me ...
its like Devo made a company...
slightly DE-evoluting themselves version after version :P
Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sgYO2AZy4
In this video from last year I remixed the Stems from Metallica's Nothing Else Matters. In this Tutorial Reaper JS plugs and Stock Steinberg Cubase VST 5.1 Plugins were the only used plugins. No dialog, visual Mix no dialog needed. This is Master Mix Tutorial to understand how the Song can have a different sound.

This ancient version of Cubase VST v5.1 in my opinion is still the King of mixing for Daw's. Everything in the mixer is laid out for pure mixing with all the relevant windows close by. No Daw exists in 2018 that has this type or workflow.

Steinberg needs to RELEASE Cubase like it used to be!!!

This mix proves that Daw's even in 2018 are completely useless unless the Stems were recorded in a Studio using dedicated Consoles and Tape Recorders in order to achieve an even superior mix arrangement.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Good necromania !!!
Anyway , this thread was about cubase 5 ( after the sx range ) , not cubase vst 5 :)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

In 2007 people were mentioning the age of the thing, 8 yrs ago and such.
Cubase 5.0 was released in March 2009.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 pm Good necromania !!!
Anyway , this thread was about cubase 5 ( after the sx range ) , not cubase vst 5 :)
Geez wrong thread! And I thought he was going on about Cubase VST 32.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

This mix proves that Daw's even in 2018 are completely useless unless the Stems were recorded in a Studio using dedicated Consoles and Tape Recorders in order to achieve an even superior mix arrangement.
What a load of bollocks.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:57 pm
This mix proves that im completely useless unless the Stems were recorded in a Studio using dedicated Consoles and Tape Recorders in order to achieve an even superior mix arrangement.
What a load of bollocks.
[/quote]

fixed it for whoever...

plus, the black album was shite :x
metallica only had 4 albums.
kill em all, master of puppets, ride the lightning and justice for all. (and the garage days eps) everything else. pop music.

v1o wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:44 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 pm Good necromania !!!
Geez wrong thread! And I thought he was going on about Cubase VST 32
This thread, original post 2007, was about a version released in March 2009? fascinating
No, you're in kind of the right thread. The version seems to have been known as Cubase VST 5 but it's before my time.

"I adored 5.2, it did all I needed, so I don't know why I moved to SX (but I am comfortable enough to hold at SX2)"
"Me too. I still miss VST5 even though I've been on SX for a couple of years now." - 1-12-2008

I was at SX2 in 2008. I remember vividly buying *Cubase 5* boxed at Guitar Center in late March or early April 2009. It was at 5.0.1.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”