which are the best reaktor instruments

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
BenWLT
KVRer
7 posts since 13 Jun, 2020 from Australia

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:13 am

On this old vs new filters thing, I just made one of my favourite tracks yet using mostly Subharmonic and other stuff from the Factory Library. Admittedly other tracks I made using Blocks (which I presume uses the newer filters) sound lush and creamy in a way Subharmonic never will, but people are paying for emulations of 8-bit samplers these days so maybe that grit imparts character. A certain sort of character, not usable in every track but certainly usable.

Absolutely in awe of the Boscomac ensembles btw. Superb sound quality and attention to detail.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3243 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:20 am

Subharmonic is great but doesn't use any filters at all
It's operator self feedback using phase modulation ( left side of synth ) + formant oscillator ( right side )
About these old filters , I was mostly talking about the primary filters which are almost 20 years old .
When core got introduced around 2005 + included core filters ( osc 2 is a good example ) the filters were def. improved but it wasn't really untill vadim uploaded the first zdf filters in 2008) that things started to take a turn .
The new zdf filters that are now build in core ( you need to select them manually by creating an empty core cell and select filter macros ) are top notch
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

felis
KVRian
664 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:23 am

I would be inclined to use Reaktor much more if someone more experienced would follow up on my initial beginner attempts to incorporate release velocity as described here: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ty.353449/

Basically, I got got RV to work but don't know how to incorporate it into a 'keyboard in' type thing so that it could be used in a mod matrix.
The ideal end goal would be like this (from the Matrix 12V) with release velocity able to be used as the source to send to multiple destinations.
Hopefully someone willing and able to tackle this task can figure it out someday. It's beyond my meager capabilities :( :

Matrix RV_ - Copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BenWLT
KVRer
7 posts since 13 Jun, 2020 from Australia

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:20 am
Subharmonic is great but doesn't use any filters at all
Right, I moved on from Subharmonic so fast I forgot how it works entirely. As to the rest, I’ll admit it’s kinda Greek to me. I sense to truly appreciate Reaktor I’d have to take a dive into a rabbit hole comparative in size to music production itself. Just not sure I’ll ever have the time for that, production in general being hard enough. Thanks for sharing your knowledge though.

Return to “Instruments”