Artists suggestions please...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently, I have been digging Deep House / Melodic Techno type of music from artists like Ben Bohmer, Lane 8, and Monolink.

I am looking for some more, similar artists recommendations. Thank you so much in advance! :phones:

Stephan Bodzin.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 am Stephan Bodzin.
Thank you :tu:

Luttrell. :borg:

I started with this remix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igXmJ1KmNfY

... and then I had to listen to all of his stuff. :love:

Thank you, e@rs. Love Tycho stuff (mainly for the sound/production), so this was an interesting listen. I will check him out. :tu:

Listening to your stuff on Soundcloud. Awesome work with the Bold track, especially with the odd time signature. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:52 pm Thank you, e@rs. Love Tycho stuff (mainly for the sound/production), so this was an interesting listen. I will check him out. :tu:
Funny thing is that I don't like Tycho (heard all his discography).

Also wanna add that my absolute favorite tunes from Luttrell, Don't Forget To Breathe and Float aren't even included on his albums.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:52 pm Listening to your stuff on Soundcloud. Awesome work with the Bold track, especially with the odd time signature. :)
Thanx for listening and for the kind words! :hug: Somehow, I'm embarrassed with how that tune ended up sounding; I'll surely revisit it (and others) once I have a proper sounding room.

e@rs wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:07 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:52 pm Thank you, e@rs. Love Tycho stuff (mainly for the sound/production), so this was an interesting listen. I will check him out. :tu:
Funny thing is that I don't like Tycho (heard all his discography).

Also wanna add that my absolute favorite tunes from Luttrell, Don't Forget To Breathe and Float aren't even included on his albums.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:52 pm Listening to your stuff on Soundcloud. Awesome work with the Bold track, especially with the odd time signature. :)
Thanx for listening and for the kind words! :hug: Somehow, I'm embarrassed with how that tune ended up sounding; I'll surely revisit it (and others) once I have a proper sounding room.
To be honest, I only like Tycho's sound/production. There is no real melody in most tracks (ironically reviewers mention melody being a key element in his tracks, what?) - except Awake, I don't think I would even recall the songs by memory. As a result, I only occasionally listen to some of his tracks. His latest album Weather does have some great vocals, and hence a sense of melody, by Saint Sinner though.

You're welcome. :hug: No need to be embarrassed. The track actually sounds quite decent in my non-professionally treated room. :tu:

While I understand the emotions attached with revisiting tracks, I would personally never do that unless it is a special track. Instead, I would just create new songs and try to make them "better" in the treated room. Not to demotivate or anything, but I hope you get my point. And your track does not sound bad, so why waste the time and effort on it again? Sorry, but just my perspective. You can completely ignore this. :)

Maybe you're right, but I can easily spot all kinds of mistakes that can be fixed.

Back on topic, I also like Hot Since 82. He's pretty famous, I doubt you didn't hear about him.

Nope, hearing this name for the first time. I am very new to this genre by the way.

Artbat

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:42 pm Nope, hearing this name for the first time.
I recommend Buggin', Vapours and his remix for Joe Goddard's Music Is The Answer.

e@rs wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:42 pm Nope, hearing this name for the first time.
I recommend Buggin', Vapours and his remix for Joe Goddard's Music Is The Answer.
Okay, appreciate the suggestions.

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:53 pm Artbat
Yes, recently only discovered Artbat's remix of Monolink's Return to Oz (through YouTube suggestions) and it sounds awesome! :love: Gotta check out more of their stuff.

Spencer Brown and Nils Hoffmann also seem relevant.

Cirez D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”