Can anyone share their experience with kick 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kick 2 KickR

audiot wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 am
Kinh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:36 am Dont know of any producers who prefer to use a synth to create their beat sounds. They all use samples.
:roll: See the artist recommendations and stop talking bs ...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 2-Drumazon

If you like the sound of drum synths or if they work within your genre is another question.
There are no artist recommendations in dat link, just paid endorsements. Ironic how you say 'stop talking BS' :lol:
It's ok, I wont convince you Michael Jackson's favorite drink wasn't Pepsi. You believe what you want.

Kinh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:36 am
Trancit wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:53 am
Kick 2 isn't much use to anyone except sound designers who want to sell kick sample packs.
Sorry, but this is bollocks!!! :dog:

Dont know of any producers who prefer to use a synth to create their beat sounds. They all use samples.
1. We are talking about Kicks and not "beat sounds"!!
2. It will depend on the genre but many many producers who are in the need of having the kick in the right key often if not mostly make their own kicks...at least for the sub part... many others perhaps too...
3. continuing on the "at least for the sub part": Even if you use samples or a mixture between samples and the synthesis, Kick 2 is highly capable as especially for the kick phase alignment is the key...
With it´s visualizations and offered tools Kick 2 is perfect for this workflow!!
4. Even if you just work with layering samples Kick 2 can make this workflow a breeze as you need the same tools (tuning, filtering, start and end points etc...) and often have to face the same problems i.e. in terms of phase

I've just bought it with the sale. It's useful, actually. And fun! (Normally I use samples)
For that price it's worth a try.

Kinh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 am There are no artist recommendations in dat link, just paid endorsements. Ironic how you say 'stop talking BS' :lol:
It's ok, I wont convince you Michael Jackson's favorite drink wasn't Pepsi. You believe what you want.
You're right ... it's all fake news :tu: All that famous hardware drum synths from the 80's never existed! It's a big conspiricy :scared:

Biscotto wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:01 pm I’m about to get BigKick from Plug-in Boutique.
I’ve seen some videos and great reviews.
I use Kick 2 but this one intrigues me and looks like it’s on sale and loads of expansions available.

Some details in 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_GxVcEocM
Disclosure use this to make their kick sub tail at the very least.

Incidentally I believe they tour internationally and earn a decent living ;)

My experience with Kick 2 has been massively positive.

I'd been away from serious EDM production for a couple of decades before getting asked back into the deep end by an old production partner.
Given a few example tracks, with Kick 2 it was easy to dial in the kick sounds within the genres we're producing.

The automation possibilities on top of a fundamentally good sound make this far less limiting that working searching through samples alone, which is all I'd used for years. Most importantly the interface is clear, intuitive and simple. At the sale price it's a no-brainer.

This reads like an advert, but that's my experience of Kick 2.

Return to “Instruments”