Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

vega555 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:28 pm "I cannot see from which bank is the preset I used (modified or not, it's the same). GUI opens in default view instead of pointing to the preset."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whfr9v1ac4auh ... 6.mov?dl=0
I'm trying to tell you this doesn't work with SBF files, they are not properly converted. Presets are not in Folders, but within SBF files marked with special icon.
With SPF/SPF2 presets, it works properly.

Either convert SBF to SPF/SPF2, or fix this behavior in the next update. It could be a minor fix. It works on your system - but not on everyone's. Something is different.

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:29 pm
vega555 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:43 pm We are already working to fix the high CPU consumption issue for Windows users.
An updated version will be released soon.
It is only happening on pc? I have no easy way to check it on mac, but it seems universal to me as I go about favouriting on mac.

hmm indeed seems like pc only.. Don't have 1.1 installed on mac to test but unlike the pc, 1.5 uses much less cpu than 1.0.22

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

frag wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:48 pm
vega555 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:28 pm "I cannot see from which bank is the preset I used (modified or not, it's the same). GUI opens in default view instead of pointing to the preset."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whfr9v1ac4auh ... 6.mov?dl=0
I'm trying to tell you this doesn't work with SBF files, they are not properly converted. Presets are not in Folders, but within SBF files marked with special icon.
With SPF/SPF2 presets, it works properly.

Either convert SBF to SPF/SPF2, or fix this behavior in the next update. It could be a minor fix. It works on your system - but not on everyone's. Something is different.
Also, if I enter Text in search box to get a list of patches with that text, Preset browsing is still using the main folder list. Search list is highlighted in Preset manager, but in top preset box, when I press the arrows in GUI or keyboard, the preset from Folder list is shown/played so it's very confusing.

Clear search box small x is absolutely needed.

I'm sure these are all minor fixes.

The newest [Spire 1.5.1 5079] does solve the CPU usage a lot. It is as good as the version 1.17 :) Thanks Reveal-Sound team

Yes.

Version 1.5.1 has been released.
Fixed problem of increased CPU load for Windows.

Great! Thanks for fix!

Thank you so so much!!!!

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but is there a way to convert a Spire *.sbf bank to individual *.spf2 files easily?

fgimian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am I'm sorry for the stupid question, but is there a way to convert a Spire *.sbf bank to individual *.spf2 files easily?
There's no stupid question btw :)
The process can be done by:
- Copy the spf presets - the blue-ish color (can select multiple)
- 'Create' a new folder from within the Spire browser, give it a convenient name/title
- 'Paste' the presets. It takes a while, but the indication of being made in spf2 format, is that the will appear in white-ish color.
You may open the newly created folder to verify everything's done correctly.

BTW, now this method doesn't work for me :? :ud:
Last edited by phreaque on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

phreaque wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:03 am
fgimian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am I'm sorry for the stupid question, but is there a way to convert a Spire *.sbf bank to individual *.spf2 files easily?
There's no stupid question btw :)
The process can be done by:
- Copy the spf presets - the blue-ish color (can select multiple)
- 'Create' a new folder from within the Spire browser, give it a convenient name/title
- 'Paste' the presets. It takes a while, but the indication of being made in spf2 format, is that the will appear in white-ish color.
You may open the newly created folder to verify everything's done correctly.
Thank you so so much. Though I'm starting with a bank. I believe the way to import banks is using the "Import" button which will only light up when you're in a regular folder (not an old bank). The import seems to also allowing of individual preset files (*.spf) too.

fgimian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:16 am
Thank you so so much. Though I'm starting with a bank. I believe the way to import banks is using the "Import" button which will only light up when you're in a regular folder (not an old bank). The import seems to also allowing of individual preset files (*.spf) too.
No worries mate, I edited my previous post, as this method seems not working for me, it is just a confusion mystery! :? I tried to relocate the preset workplace folder assuming the default path might have write authentication. But then, still this didn't solve the spf2 conversion issue.

I believe it's better to see what vega555 will say.

phreaque wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 am
fgimian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:16 am
No worries mate, I edited my previous post, as this method seems not working for me, it is just a confusion mystery! :? I tried to relocate the preset workplace folder assuming the default path might have write authentication. But then, still this didn't solve the spf2 conversion issue.

I believe it's better to see what vega555 will say.
In my case, some of the issues appear to be caused by GUI not refreshing properly.
CPU is fixed!
Preset Manager is great addition and really improves workflow, it just needs a bit of "fixing" :D

vega555 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:14 am Yes.

Thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

vega555 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:14 am Yes.

What is the plan for other fixes? Soon, or September? I want to switch to v1.5 eagerly but can't due to GUI problems etc. Support is informed about this.

Dammit another update released with a changed plugin name - didn't they learn anything from the 1.1 release debacle?

Return to “Instruments”