Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

ENV1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:10 pm If downscaled, rightclick and select View Image for fullsize.
CamelSpace.png
I'd love to have this skin for Camelspace - is it working or just a mockup?

Halonmusic wrote: Wow that is a beautiful skin. Is it available for download?
aMUSEd wrote: I'd love to have this skin for Camelspace - is it working or just a mockup?
Both are done and working, i.e. no mockups. But like i said in some other threads, for some time now i cannot upload anything to KVR product pages anymore, reason unknown. Thats why they (and others) arent available here already.

But i can try something else. Since the max size for attachments seems to have been substantially raised, i will try to attach the skins here.

Deducktion - Producktion
Producktion Theme for Deducktion.zip

CamelSpace Black-Red
CamelSpace Black-Red UI.zip

Well, apparently it worked. In that case i should probably make dedicated threads with screenshots for all the stuff i have accumulated due to my inability to upload to the respective KVR product pages.

Enjoy, and should you find anything that needs fixing please let me know ASAP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ENV1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:05 am
aMUSEd wrote: I'd love to have this skin for Camelspace - is it working or just a mockup?
Both are done and working, i.e. no mockups. But like i said in some other threads, for some time now i cannot upload anything to KVR product pages anymore, reason unknown. Thats why they (and others) arent available here already.

But i can try something else. Since the max size for attachments seems to have been substantially raised, i will try to attach the skins here.

Deducktion - Producktion

CamelSpace Black-Red

Well, apparently it worked. In that case i should probably make dedicated threads with screenshots for all the stuff i have accumulated due to my inability to upload to the respective KVR product pages.

Thanks so much! :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Tried to edit the xml to make the blue closer to the Bitwig blue but it only seems to change the LFO envelopes - the rest are in the SVGs. What's the best editor for those? I have Ilustrator but it gives me errors on opening the main SVG so what are the development team using?

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 am

Deducktion - Producktion

CamelSpace Black-Red

Yes thanks very much - that makes it much more usable than the default skin - don't suppose you also did Camelphat?

SVGs are just XML files basically - you can open them in text editor and replace colors manually if you want. :)

SVGs that Surge uses are created by Sketch or edited with Boxy SVG, or Lunacy on Windows. Inkscape should work too.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:01 am
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 am

Deducktion - Producktion

CamelSpace Black-Red

Yes thanks very much - that makes it much more usable than the default skin - don't suppose you also did Camelphat?
ENV1 knows his stuff. Have you seen the skin he did for Dune 1? Beautiful. Also i second a skin for Camelphat :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 pm i second a skin for Camelphat :)
I third that :hyper:

Thanks to ED for the modified dark skin for Surge :tu:

glokraw wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:04 am I got the vst3 effects rack version this morning, very nice and easy to use...would it be possible for that to popup or reside on a tab, being made a config option replacement/alternative/extra of the current effect panel?

Using recent Ubuntu Studios and Reapers, the delay part of the effect rack defaults to adding massive latency, rather than some standard string of delay taps, and I can't get it to act like a standard delay plugin at all. I might be missing the obvious, it's a skill I've developed :dog:
The chorus, phaser, rotary, and reverb make a nice E Piano
or guitar team!
Cheers
Thanks! Glad you like it!

On your first question: That's a good idea! But it is not easy. We wrote SFX in juce to make our life easy, and surge main synth is written in vstgui. Also the FX panes in surge proper support all the modulation gestures for the internal modulation.

On the second: My guess is that your mix on the delay is set to 100% so you get no dry signal and are inline, as opposed to send-routed to, the delay. Try adjusting the mix down, or try putting the FX on a bus and routing to it as a send with mix at 100%.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:33 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 pm i second a skin for Camelphat :)
I third that :hyper:
:)

I like the Dark skin, but since Surge was originally created by Claus I wanted a skin that made it feel more even more at home in Bitwig so I tweaked it a bit

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx9cig122nbmn ... n.zip?dl=1

Sorry, no CamelPhat.

(Dont have this.)

What if you got the theme folder from somebody? :)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pmImage
Oof, that bright cyan on the two strips there is not working, text and icons barely readable. They should be darker then or the cyan toned down. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:06 pm What if you got the theme folder from somebody? :)
Well, im not that altruistic. :hihi:

(Would be a bad use of my time making skins for plugins i dont actually have.)

Besides, i couldnt even see what im doing without being able to run the plugin and check things out. Because the most important part is ultimately the layout, (window size, item positions, etc.), not the images, and you just cant do something like this 'blind'. So unfortunately i have to shake on this one.

Return to “Instruments”