Shimmer VS ShimmerVerb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WTH. Totally missed that Eventide released a new reverb. I'm afraid I have to get that one.

v1o wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 am Just add a pitch shifter to your regular reverb.
Already discussed. GaryG highlighted that the pitch shifter/s are placed in the feedback path for the reverb tank so each pass will be pitched higher and higher or lower and lower. If you consider a dub delay with an LPF in the feedback path, each pass will filter the signal further, rolling off more highs in accordance with the filter slope. Same concept.

You would need to set up an array of tuned all pass filters, create a feedback path and place a pitchshifter there if you want to create a similar effect.

Or buy a shimmer

Got the ShimmerVerb earlier. Typical Eventide quality. Surprised there's not a thread about it here yet. :)

v1o wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 am Just add a pitch shifter to your regular reverb.
Then feed the output of the pitch shifter back into the input of the verb?

Tired out Eventide's one this morning - very nice. I will probably pick it up tonight, after a bit more testing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Audiority Xenoverb has a great shimmer algorith. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:23 pm Audiority Xenoverb has a great shimmer algorith. :)
True! I also cobbled a patch together in Byome that sounds really cool... with Shimmer, Xenoverb, B2 and other FX, I've got enough shimmer to send Coldplay into orbit. Enuff wit da shimmers, already!

ariston wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:28 pm I've got enough shimmer to send Coldplay into orbit.
then do it.
you want money?

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:38 pm
ariston wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:28 pm I've got enough shimmer to send Coldplay into orbit.
then do it.
you want money?
Careful what you wish for.

2049. The camera pans across a desolate landscape. A crazed old man runs towards a family walking across the dunes. "Get underground! Get underground! They pass over soon!"

NARRATOR: It is 19 years since Coldplay were fired into orbit. But far from a solution it only opened the door to aural assaults from which the world had no defence, beaming down interminable live shows from their overpowered space station. Governments were forced to demolish bridges to stop people leaping from them as the sonic attacks passed overhead.

Today the advice remains the same: think only of yourselves. And put on earmuffs.

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:49 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:38 pm
then do it.
you want money?
Careful what you wish for.

2049. The camera pans across a desolate landscape. A crazed old man runs towards a family walking across the dunes. "Get underground! Get underground! They pass over soon!"

NARRATOR: It is 19 years since Coldplay were fired into orbit. But far from a solution it only opened the door to aural assaults from which the world had no defence, beaming down interminable live shows from their overpowered space station. Governments were forced to demolish bridges to stop people leaping from them as the sonic attacks passed overhead.

Today the advice remains the same: think only of yourselves. And put on earmuffs.
:o

it has been said recently, todays solutions are tomorrows problems.
i will think more carefully in future.

back to the drawing board.

29 years btw.
2020/2049.

ariston wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:28 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:23 pm Audiority Xenoverb has a great shimmer algorith. :)
True! I also cobbled a patch together in Byome that sounds really cool... with Shimmer, Xenoverb, B2 and other FX, I've got enough shimmer to send Coldplay into orbit. Enuff wit da shimmers, already!
:lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:54 pm 29 years btw.
2020/2049.
You can't just launch Coldplay into space overnight. There's some planning involved.

Though I did mess up the arithmetic a tad. Good thing I'm not trying to write Dark.

Return to “Effects”