Hoping for thoughts on this one

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I realize that doing these at home will always be demos. When I get in to mixing my own songs I can obsess and then I realize that is ridiculous because all these will ever be is demos, Iwould love to be able to record at a real studio but just isn't in the cards.

Anyway, any tips would be cool, I can still edit the tracks so if you have a good monitoring space by all means let me know what I should alter or fix.
Thanks Much

https://soundcloud.com/user-281809016/p ... -your-mind

Just let go, the mix is brilliant!

Actually the whole execution is just brilliant, super happy I got to hear this :o

edit: it does have a lot of mid highs

I think the execution is fine. Drums are kind of stiff, but the vocals just work.

There are people making records from their bedsit, btw

Imo, vocals need to cut through a touch more. Either guitars should be slightly quieter, or vocals should be hotter.
But, really liked the voice, arrangement, guitar solo.

Cool track and thank you for sharing. The arrangement holds well and the tone of the vocals sound great. I am, however, with Bansaw on that they could do with cutting through a little more.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

reminds me of old joe walsh. i enjoyed it and think you are
too hard on yourself. this is solid classic rock. good job.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really like the vocals and arrangement. Solo was nice as well. However, I would like to see more variation on the drums. As Jancivil mentioned, It feels a bit stiff there.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Are these your vocals? Very well done! Looking forward to your next one :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Layzer mentioned Joe Walsh. I was having similar thoughts. Especially those little guitar licks in the verses. You could ask Bill Szymczyk around to help out, but this sounds great as it is.

Good work :)

Has a raw vibe which I guess I would expect from a track made in this way.I actually like the raw vibe....my only suggestion would be to ramp it up a few notches in tempo, add some swing to it a catchy bass line and people won't stop thinking about it IMHO.

Yes to the question about the vocals being me. All of it is me. Yeah, the drums sound terribly stiff, I should have used more variations for sure.
Also I just did a new song today and changed from micing my bass amp to do bass. Guitars are all miced through my bass amp and I was using an overdrive pedal in front of it. Thanks for all the tis. My brother also said the vocals need to cut through more and be louder. Looks like a lot feel that way.

It sounds good. Maaaybe there's a lot of mid/highs .jon said. Like maybe some more bass would make it sound a bit warmer. Take this all with a grain of salt. Though if you want to bring the vocals forward, one way to do that without sacraficing the rest of the sound and without changing levels, could be to sidechain the vocals to the a mixdown track with the guitar and use a compressor. I am kind of obsessing with sidechain compressors lately >_>.

Did you play the drums yourself on a kit or is that written in with MIDI?
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

Good song idea! As said before, the vocals should stand out a little more,
also the bass could push a little more. You think it's still a demo? Mmmh, ...
maybe a small temporal distance and a little bit of changes in the mix
are enough.

I think: Don't be too overcritical - just be creative! :tu:
This song has a wonderful flow - and sounds already rather good! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”