Kemper alternatives

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yup. Hey eh! :hihi:

I think that Helix Native is possibly the best sounding and most versatile amp software you can get right now. Just make sure you use 3rd party IR's (Ownhammer is great). The stock cabs are a weird hybrid reverby IR and there is just something weird about them. With IR's it sounds really comparable to the sound quality of Axe FX or Kemper.

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html

It should sound pretty comparable for $400 software.

And I don't think it does :(

I had the main one. Sold it a long time ago, it was ok but that was before reason could use vst's, now I'm native again.

R7P wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:07 pm I think that Helix Native is possibly the best sounding and most versatile amp software you can get right now. Just make sure you use 3rd party IR's (Ownhammer is great). The stock cabs are a weird hybrid reverby IR and there is just something weird about them. With IR's it sounds really comparable to the sound quality of Axe FX or Kemper.

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html
I have the Helix Floorboard and completely agree with this. Especially the part about using third party IRs. It’ll definitely get you into the same ballpark as Kemper.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I have been using THU-Rock (the cut down version of Overloud's THU) and it also has the rig player. Some of the newer rigs and mind blowing! The rigs are cheaper when just released and I've tried, amplitube, guitar rig and most others and imho rig player blows them away!

THU-Rock is 79 euroes and the rigs when released very between 19-29 euroes.

And (this could be important), because rig player isn't a modeller it uses very liitle CPU

I'm a kemper user and no ampsim comes close enough to the kemper. But if I was going with ampsims today I would choose either https://neuraldsp.com/ or https://ml-sound-lab.com/ They're the best ampsims of them all so far. And the most important factor is the IR's. Overloud is the third one I know that use IR's for their ampsims and not the bad plastic emulated cabs like IK, Waves, NI offer.

Rigplayer inside Overloud TH-U is virtually a software Kemper clone although without the possibility to capture own profiles. Choptones has converted a lot of their Kemper profiles to Rigplayer

Dudes should check out NaLex free ampsims. He took the torch from LePou and Ignite and ran away.

AKJ wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:59 pm Rigplayer inside Overloud TH-U is virtually a software Kemper clone although without the possibility to capture own profiles. Choptones has converted a lot of their Kemper profiles to Rigplayer
Confession: I have never used a Kemper.
But I have read many say this.

What I do know is since I got TH-U and choptones and Big Hairy Sounds (especially) rig player packs I rarely use anything else anymore.

(everytime I read a helix recommendation I am really reminded how sound is so personal.. I don't quite understand why people like the helix. to each their own(although I did see a Rick Beato video where someone really eq'ed the Helix and it did sound decent))

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Using a good IR is the only EQ that Helix needs.

How the HELL has nobody listed NeuralDSP plugins yet??

Depending on what kind of music you make they have a plugin for pretty much everything, but they especially excel at high-gain stuff. However, the Archetype Plini plugin is pretty much universally loved, definitely at least demo that one.

https://neuraldsp.com/products/archetype-plini

I actually sold my Kemper because these plugins got me nearly as close, for a fraction of the price.

Jkist wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 am How the HELL has nobody listed NeuralDSP plugins yet??
Daimonicon did.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 am TH-3 is the only software solution I know of that includes Kemper-like amp profiles via it's rig player. The rig player module let's you load up entire amp signal chains that were captured and profiled. According to Steven Slate on Gearslutz, Overloud can even convert Kemper profiles to rig player profiles. Overloud already put out a British amps rig player expansion, which sounds excellent. Look forward to seeing more. Hopefully they open up profiling to everyone too so we can profile our own rigs.
It's TH-U not TH3, also there is Revalver, which essentially does the same with it's ACT Amp Clones then you have BIAS Amp.

"Hopefully they open up profiling to everyone too so we can profile our own rigs."
Don't hold your breath, they have said very early on in the piece it aint happening
Say NO to CLAP!

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:30 pm Dudes should check out NaLex free ampsims. He took the torch from LePou and Ignite and ran away.
and run away they should, far far away, absolute crap.
Say NO to CLAP!

Return to “Effects”