Music has died.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:21 pm 'I will make it live again' is pretty Kanye West tho
i dont think mozex would be so happy with his missus getting her arse out on twitter :shrug:

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 pm
Unaspected wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:21 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:11 pm this far in to a music is dead thread, no one has mentioned u2 or coldplay.

we are slipping!
Okay then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQ57Gv7W7k

^ This was the actual moment when music died.
mother f**kers :x

to think, i gave that twat (kirk) change for a vending machine at birmingham nec :x
Maybe its like Les Dawson: Where it takes a truly accomplished musician to be able to sound like he only just about learned the song earlier that morning.

Unaspected wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:35 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 pm
Unaspected wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:21 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:11 pm this far in to a music is dead thread, no one has mentioned u2 or coldplay.

we are slipping!
Okay then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQ57Gv7W7k

^ This was the actual moment when music died.
mother f**kers :x

to think, i gave that twat (kirk) change for a vending machine at birmingham nec :x
Maybe its like Les Dawson: Where it takes a truly accomplished musician to be able to sound like he only just about learned the song earlier that morning.
yeah, but les was funny with it (he must have been, they kept letting him do it...) this is just actual murder, not the death of, murder!!!

jancivil wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:21 pm 'I will make it live again' is pretty Kanye West tho
On a serious note, it's quite possible that the OP was written during a manic episode. Hope he has help somewhere in rl.

'swhat I'm sayin

Music hasn't died, it just smells FUNKY!

ariston wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pm
On a serious note, it's quite possible that the OP was written during a manic episode. Hope he has help somewhere in rl.

yeah, that must be it.... :nutter:

Aren’t we at least 25 years behind the times here? The importance of music video has nosedived since the mid-90s, back when labels were happy to throw several million quid at a Mark Romanek or a Hype Williams to make a stellar video for some mid-tier artist. Only the top tier cash cows get videos made these days, and it’s really not uncommon to see top 10 tracks lumbered with a perfunctory ‘lyrics video’ that some graphic designer threw together in an afternoon. Claiming video killed the radio star seems wildly out of touch in 2020.

RIP music. Gone, but not forgotten. I'll grieve this loss by creating more music.

Lies! You lack of confidence, nosex.

excuse me please wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:25 pm Lies! You lack of confidence, nosex.
:hihi:

I would prescribe more sex, rather than no sex. Unless that is a judgement/sentence that you just passed. "You lack confidence... NO SEX!!!" I wouldn't be so fast to judge though. There are some dark horses out there.

I liked "Joshua Tree", and "Clocks".
(and "Under the Fur", "Vs. (1982)", and "Court and Spark", to name three albums at random)
There, now someone mentioned U2 and Coldplay.
Maybe albums are dead?
Maybe death is dead?
Maybe metatextual clickbait is dead?
Apparently not, because I'm here.
Waiting for an online appointment for which I was jilted. Curse you, Dr Adule.

jancivil wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:22 pm yes, it's to be ridiculed

This is the extreme end of people taking a tiny slice of what's popular and confounding it with 'music'.

as far as 'some will understand', dude. you are so not a misunderstood person grasping some truth we all miss here, it's just an expression of gobsmacking ignorance. There's a great big universe of music out there you've chosen to wall yourself up against, as though you lack all curiosity.

"I will make it live again" - seek medical help; this is grandiosity, a symptom of delusional tendency...
Your music aspires to total conventionality and fails to rise to the occasion in real basic terms (note well: we all suck at first. Accept where you are, get real), the strokes you get from your peers notwithstanding. Not to discourage anything, you want to keep working at it, but you aren't getting a reality check for eg., "Classical Topic" at all.
jancivil wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:40 pm He needs a lot of attention from the group, apparently. Basically strangers...
I hate to have to point these things out. It's saddening, naught else. It's natural to want to see it as funny, it's beyond satire to begin with though.
ariston wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pm
so once again we cannot discuss the point, we have to attack the person making the post...even more so, we challenge his mental stability. He's gone, he said he isnt coming back and people are trying to lure him back with insults...I got better things to do with my time than baby sit this so I'll just end it here.

edit 8/16/20 6:50pm
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”