Black Rooster Audio releases the VLA-FET

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fese, you speak some truth. But in general I prefere to use less tools. And with a faster release I would be fine 80% of the time with the FET. Now it's only 40%. So instead of just making the release a bit faster I have to switch to another plugin to try it. 80% usage is for me 'THE one'. So I hope it's nowunderstandable why we discussed this point. :phones:
Last edited by midi_transmission on Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Also, VLA-FET is really really good. If controls were unlocked to go to "10" instead of 7 90% of jobwould be done :D

By the way. Plokis idea to have an alternative more agressive 1176 model in VLA-FET in addition is pretty cool. So you could just switch to another model inside the compressor, while keeping the same UI. TrackComp also has 2 for example.

Ploki wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:09 pm I don't want to emulate analog mixing workflow :) i want a plugin that emulates the topology of an analog compressor and apply that to all benefits of digital workflow
To me that sounds like TrackComp.

midi_transmission wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 pm By the way. Plokis idea to have an alternative more agressive 1176 model in VLA-FET in addition is pretty cool. So you could just switch to another model inside the compressor, while keeping the same UI. TrackComp also has 2 for example.
I agree here, I like that in Trackcomp. When I want a more aggressive 1176 with more pronounced hi end, I’ll use the A, else the F (Or was it ‘E’? Can’t remember).
I don’t know the VLA-FET very well yet, I just got the bundle. I also got the PSP recently for 20 bucks, so I probably have maybe 5-6 1176 emus now... insane :o
I’m pretty sure that’s more than enough for the one-instance-of-each-1176 restriction I proposed... don’t think I ever used more than three or four in a song. Vocals, drum room, electric guitar, maybe snare

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:30 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:09 pm I don't want to emulate analog mixing workflow :) i want a plugin that emulates the topology of an analog compressor and apply that to all benefits of digital workflow
well, i don't know what to reply to that

Ploki wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:53 pm
It wasn't meant as a suggestion like "hey, you should check out TrackComp" but more of a "yep, makes sense why you like it."

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:44 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:53 pm
It wasn't meant as a suggestion like "hey, you should check out TrackComp" but more of a "yep, makes sense why you like it."
That's true :)
If it got on my radar sooner... I'd probably get it.
However, since i have the BRA bundle + Voxengo bundle + iZotope bundle + Presswerk + Uhbik Compressor + Unisum + Pulsar Mu/Smasher + FabFilter Pro C-2 + Fuse VCL-515 and 25A..
It doesn't do anything these above can't do...

You know, I may have a problem with compressors.
In my defence, i didn't buy a single EQ except the ones i got in bundles but wouldn't have bought otherwise anyway, and i don't have nearly as many limiters (only bundled ones)

Ploki wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:52 pm You know, I may have a problem with compressors.
In my defence, i didn't buy a single EQ except the ones i got in bundles but wouldn't have bought otherwise anyway, and i don't have nearly as many limiters (only bundled ones)
I'm pretty sure I have a bigger compressor problem. Definitely know the feeling. Even have some hardware clones now to go along with the plugin clones. And you'd think I'd stop but I just bought Unisum just recently. It's a sickness.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:58 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:52 pm You know, I may have a problem with compressors.
I'm pretty sure I have a bigger compressor problem. Definitely know the feeling. Even have some hardware clones now to go along with the plugin clones. And you'd think I'd stop but I just bought Unisum just recently. It's a sickness.
Compressor are like pokémon (I assume, i never collected them)

Yes same problem here...

anyone tried this as just a tone box or saturator? I heard it's good at that.

acYm wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 am anyone tried this as just a tone box or saturator? I heard it's good at that.
I’ll have to try that. The BlackAsh or whatnot compressor is good at that.

Return to “Effects”