AudioThing Outer Space - Tape Echo - NEW v2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Space

Update v1.3
We've updated Outer Space to version 1.3!
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
- Added: New Reverb Type - Bright
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users
- Improved: macOS CPU usage
- Fixed: Rare crash on Windows systems when updating from older versions
- Fixed: Global settings not saving properly
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Thanks Carlo.

Am I right that the bright reverb introduces more delay than the dark reverb? I assume this delay is usually compensated by the DAW, but in Maschine (which has no PDC) the delay is quite noticable.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:45 am Thanks Carlo.

Am I right that the bright reverb introduces more delay than the dark reverb? I assume this delay is usually compensated by the DAW, but in Maschine (which has no PDC) the delay is quite noticable.
That should be part of the natural pre-delay of the tank, and yes it's different from the previous one. I'll do more tests when I'm back in the studio to see if it's the correct amount.

Please also check if the noise is still operating like it should. It's different than 1.2.6 on my Windows 10 laptop.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:18 am Please also check if the noise is still operating like it should. It's different than 1.2.6 on my Windows 10 laptop.
Yes, you are right, the noise was not behaving like the previous version and there was a bit too much pre-delay in the new reverb model. All fixed now with update v1.3.1 (hotfix!).

audiothing wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:49 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:18 am Please also check if the noise is still operating like it should. It's different than 1.2.6 on my Windows 10 laptop.
Yes, you are right, the noise was not behaving like the previous version and there was a bit too much pre-delay in the new reverb model. All fixed now with update v1.3.1 (hotfix!).
Wow, thanks for the fast fix (and the update in generell!) :tu:
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

@Carlo:

The spring reverb of Outer Space runs parallel to the repeats just like the RE-201. With consecutive notes that's fine, but when you send a sound like a single stab into Outer Space, you'll only hear the reverb on the stab. The repeats are dry which sounds a bit odd to me, especially when the reverb has already died out and the repeats go on for a while. If you want the repeats to have reverb too, you could use two instances of Outer Space of course, one for just the repeats followed by another one just for the reverb. Maybe this is suggested before, but what about two new routings for Outer Space?

-The spring reverb after the repeats instead of parallel and then to the output.
-The spring reverb after the repeats instead of parallel and then to the feedback, so the sound of the reverb gets processed just like the repeats.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:08 pm @Carlo:

The spring reverb of Outer Space runs parallel to the repeats just like the RE-201. With consecutive notes that's fine, but when you send a sound like a single stab into Outer Space, you'll only hear the reverb on the stab. The repeats are dry which sounds a bit odd to me, especially when the reverb has already died out and the repeats go on for a while. If you want the repeats to have reverb too, you could use two instances of Outer Space of course, one for just the repeats followed by another one just for the reverb. Maybe this is suggested before, but what about two new routings for Outer Space?

-The spring reverb after the repeats instead of parallel and then to the output.
-The spring reverb after the repeats instead of parallel and then to the feedback, so the sound of the reverb gets processed just like the repeats.
Interesting, a new routing section would be really nice indeed. I'm planning a v2.0 for next year so I'll definitely consider this :tu:

@Carlo:

For some reason parameters HQ/LIMITER/MONO (L+R)/EQ->REVERB can't be controlled by Maschine's knobs. When I enable Maschine's learn function and flick any of those four switches, no knob is being created. When I load Outer Space in Kushview Element, I don't see those four in the list of assignable parameters either. Could you please add those if possible?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:44 am @Carlo:

For some reason parameters HQ/LIMITER/MONO (L+R)/EQ->REVERB can't be controlled by Maschine's knobs. When I enable Maschine's learn function and flick any of those four switches, no knob is being created. When I load Outer Space in Kushview Element, I don't see those four in the list of assignable parameters either. Could you please add those if possible?
Yes, unfortunately, these are not parameters but internal settings. I think I can probably add them anyway, I'll have a look. As said, I had plans for a v2.0 but not sure exactly when I will be able to work on it.

I've updated my NKS conversion for Outerspace to supporting VST2 and VST3, revamped the mapping to include additional controls, and added the extra presets from the latest version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32gmkflhe2uav ... S.zip?dl=0

Update v2.0
We've updated Outer Space to version 2.0! Now available on iOS.
The update is free for existing v1 users. You can download the update from your user area.
Merry Christmas🎄

Changelog:
- Added: New Retina GUI
- Added: Oversample destination (Echo, Preamp)
- Added: Momentary Tape Touch/Drop
- Added: More Synced Delay Values
- Added: macOS 14 Sonoma support
- Improved: CPU and memory usage

Thanks, audiothing, will have to update early January when I get back home. Have a great Christmas and all the best in 2024!!

Thanks Audiothing. And a Merry Christmas to you too 🎅🎄🤶
Last edited by sbj on Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Awesome! Merry Xmas!

Return to “Effects”